Important Note about **macOS 10.15 Catalina**

Since we’re all supposed to stay inside now, maybe this might be a good time for Waves engineers to focus and tackle this issue. Just sayin.

@dave

We were unable to find a record of a support agent stating this. Perhaps this was a misunderstanding, as you can see from my post we are taking support and development of SoundGrid Studio very seriously.
This sentiment is company wide, down to tech support.

I was sort of kidding about that; but, it’s the only call that I’ve ever made to Waves support so it should be pretty easy to find it. My phone number is in the signature of this email.

If it will be faster to publish the release by just making the upgrade without any additional features and/or extended workflow, at this point I believe all of us will be fine with it. We’re really not asking for more, but just the ability to load the processing onto our hardware like we used to.

1 Like

real soon @arturovarak! Q2 2020!

2 Likes

Thank you can’t wait!

My computer has been forced to upgrade to Catalina for other reasons, and I use SoundGrid Studio for networking multiple devices and servers in my studio. I understand that these updates take time, and I’m trying to remain patient, but I would really like to see this support very soon. I get daily emails of sales for new plugins, updates to my bundles, etc… I’ve spent thousands of dollars on plugins and hardware, and I keep my upgrade plans up-to-date. Please fix the SoundGrid Studio and StudioRack compatibility!

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @reederz88,
As you can see above, we are working tirelessly on an update. It’s coming soon`!

1 Like

Hello all of you at waves,

I just bought a DigiGrid IOX an a D for my recording Studio.
Finally my dealer convinced me, that a DigiGrid System with Interfaces only connected over one ethernet cable and the ability to use aditional servers or more interfaces to use all my owned Waves Plug-Ins is much better than to invest in a Behringer Wings or Midas M32 Mixer.
And now, after installing all: nothing works!
The DigiGrid Studio Application is not compatible with MacOS Catalina.
No one told me and I didn´t thought that this could be possible after 1 year of Catalina Beta is out!
(After all I now found the hint on the system requirement pages, yes, but now it´s to late)

So what can I do: give back the DigiGrid Units and buy a Behringer Wing which is a realy great mixer?
No problem, I have a 30 days money back garantee at my dealer…

But I really don´t need a mixing desk for my work, hm…
I need a flexible, easy to use and expandable system…

So please tell me: how or at which time can I use the DigiGrid System in my Studio?
Means: at which time do you deliver a compatible software to work with the hardware you a selling now???

AD - Hamburg - Germany

And sorry for my bad english. Is the a german guy at waves who is able to support me?

Same here… Every other company was able to provide free updates or workarounds, for me the story with waves ends here

1 Like

Hi @adoebertin,

Sorry to hear about this predicament, I suggest a bit more patience…
As I mentioned above, earlier in this thread, new versions of SoundGrid Studio and StudioRack are in development, with several updates expected this year.

Waves are working to ensure that the new versions are compatible with Waves V11 plugins and macOS Catalina, and have new exciting features.
The first release in this series of updates is scheduled for Q2 2020. - very soon.

You desire for a scalable, expandable system is in your reach, I suggest keeping the hardware at this point and not giving up.

If you need further technical support - please contact our Support Team here. they are very good at communicating with non-english speaking customers :slight_smile:

I also had to repair my DLS and had to update to use another playback engine to keep production up and running but I’m running low on CPU and really need this release as well. Can you please give a date, month? Something?

Hi @stevemecca1284,

Sorry, All I can say is the that first release in this series of updates is scheduled for Q2 202 - very soon.

I don’t have problems with running Tracks Live on macOS Catalina.

1 Like

It’s been already 2nd Q 2020 and still waiting for the driver to make my audio interface to work…

No matter how hard or complicated the process or development this would be, this is a total waste.

Waves, this is my first time saying ■■■■ here after hundreds of just watching how people reacts.

I cannot even sell my device because it’s not even working condition!!! <-- at least this piece needs to work in order to be sold at least.

Jan, Feb, Mar <- 1st Q
Apr, May, Jun <- 2nd Q

And still all I can see is VERY SOON.

This would be the last time to mention something here. And you guys WAVES, you might lost a one customer, but you have lost thousands in Korea total.

Just letting you know.

Dear @taiji125,
I hope you are staying safe and at home in this time of uncertainty.

We at Waves understand your frustration, as promised The first release in this series of SoundGrid Studio updates is scheduled for Q2 2020. which indeed, as you mentioned, a time-frame that ends June 30. It will be released before (or by) this date as promised, despite the pandemic situation.

I am sure once it’s out you will be happy with the updates and resume using your SoundGrid setup with great satisfaction.

Is it at all possible to use v9.2 with the newest version of Catalina? If not, will it ever be supported? Thanks

Hi @reedefer,

No it is not possible, V9 is not being developed anymore it is legacy software.
We are developing and maintaining the current version, V11 is fully supported in Catalina. Look in to your options here: https://www.waves.com/support/update-to-latest-version

Hi.

I have recently purchased a new Mac that shipped with 10.15.3 Catalina pre-installed. It cannot reverse to Mojave due to the architecture of the T2 Chip. I was dependent upon Soundgrid studio to run my 24 i/o Burl Mothership with the Bmb4 Soundgrid card. Before I purchased the new Mac, I called both Burl and Waves and they assured me that this system would recognize the Burl Bmb4 (which was working fine on the old OS until the computer died). I am horribly frustrated, and now unable to continue using the new computer to interface with my Burl … so overnight my studio became non-functional. I am desperately in need of a solution to this. Please please support your loyal customers and release an update !!! Catalina has been out since October of last year. What can I even do? I cannot work… !

1 Like

Hi @nathanielscottcook,

Sorry to hear about this situation. As mentioned above, we are working very hard to support our loyal customers and release an update for SoundGrid Studio and StudioRack, including the support for OS Catalina… It is very close and will be released this quarter.