WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

Important Note about **macOS 10.15 Catalina**

Dear Waves users,

During October, Apple will release a new operating system, macOS 10.15 Catalina .
We are working closely with Apple to ensure that our software is compatible and that your Waves plugins and applications will work properly.
However, until we confirm full compatibility, we strongly recommend you remain on your current version of macOS.

In the meantime, please note:

• Waves plugins v10 will open in macOS 10.15 Catalina but are not officially supported.
  • Waves’ eMotion LV1 mixer v10 will open in macOS 10.15 Catalina but is not officially supported.
  • Other Waves applications (MultiRack, StudioRack, SoundGrid Studio) are not supported and will not open in macOS 10.15 Catalina.
    We will update you very soon about macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility developments.

Best regards,
The Waves Team

Hi there,

is there any progress with the macOS 10.15 Catalina?

When you say that plugins v10 and eMotion LV! mixer v10 are not officially supported, what do you mean with this?

Best regards
T.P.

Hi @theodoros.papadopoulos, Welcome to the forum!

We will change the notice here and on https://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/system-requirements when we have updates.
We strongly recommend you remain on your current version of macOS.
At the moment, since we have not fully qualified OS Catalina all we can say is what is written above:

• Waves plugins v10 will open in macOS 10.15 Catalina but are not officially supported.
  • Waves’ eMotion LV1 mixer v10 will open in macOS 10.15 Catalina but is not officially supported.
  • Other Waves applications (MultiRack, StudioRack, SoundGrid Studio) are not supported and will not open in macOS 10.15 Catalina.

“Not Supported” means that that it will open and work, but if issues arise we will not be able to troubleshoot or solve issues.

I can’t help but notice the absense of Tracks Live in this list.
Will Tracks Live be updated to support macOS 10.15 Catalina? We use it on a weekly basis.

Hi @ScottAudio12!

Tracks will also not be supported or open in osCatalina, as it is still a 32bit application.
Unfortunately I do not have an ETA for Tracks Live support on this OS.

I would really appreciate faster action on this. I don’t know why it’s taking so long, but everyone on Mac is having their whole computer held hostage to audio software companies dropping the ball on this release.

I can’t speak for other manufacturers, but we are working tirelessly on this update.
News will come soon.

Looking forward to having macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility, whenever it comes. Thanks, guys. But what I am not looking forward to is having to bring up-to-date the Update Plan on my Diamond Bundle for $240 (!!!), in spite of the fact that I let it lapse because there were absolutely no compelling reasons to keep paying for it when I have been perfectly happy with what I have running so very well under macOS 10.14 Mojave, and the fact that the next update of ALL the plugins may be just to give us Catalina compatibility, something that I think should be made available to all Waves owners, regardless of Update Plan status. I think paying $240 to be able to run these plugins on the latest macOS is just not worth it. I may have to stick with Mojave.

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy