Waves V12 not scanning in Logic :(

Hey all!

Since having to update my plugs from V9 to V12 (updated Mac OS to BigSur/ Logic to 10.5) Logic does not scan the updated plugins and hence they aren’t showing up in the DAW.

I’ve followed all recommended fixes by Waves- clear cache etc but still nothing. I’ve deleted the old V9 plugins but Logic is still not recognising the plugins, the licence etc is working as I can use plugins such as GTR outside the DAW no problems. I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall again. The old V9 plugs are still present in old projects however don’t work and say they aren’t compatible/ have a line through them in the mixer window and are highlighted out.

When I run the one and only Reg AU Utility it gives me:

1. WaveShell2-AU 12.0.component found 0 AU Components in 0 Plug-In files,
    Plug-in folder: /Applications/Waves/Plug-Ins V12

2. WaveShell1-AU 12.7.component found 0 AU Components in 0 Plug-In files,

3. WaveShell1-AU 12.4.component found 0 AU Components in 0 Plug-In files,
    Plug-in folder: /Applications/Waves/Plug-Ins V12\

However the V12 shells/ component files are there in the plugin folder should technically should scan as normal?

Any help?

Hi @paulfitzger89, welcome to the Waves Community Forum. :slight_smile:

I think that you might have some duplicates of V9 and V12 files in your system, and it can cause a co-existing issue.

I suggest uninstalling (or use the Complete Waves Clean up in Central) then reinstall your Waves plugins.

In order to Complete Waves Clean up, launch Central and go to Settings>Maintenance>Complete Waves Cleanup, then reinstall plugins.

Once done please refer to this page in order to rescan plugins.

Give it a try, and if the issue persists, feel welcome to contact the Tech-Support team, they will be happy to assist.

Have a great day :slight_smile:

Hi Shay,

I’ve done the cleanup and done the reinstall, rescanned the plugs and still nothing is coming up in Logic, just existing plugins. Put the Waves preferences on the desktop as per stage #3 of the scanning instructions.

Still getting message:

WaveShell2-AU 12.0.component found 0 AU Components in 0 Plug-In files,

WaveShell1-AU 12.7.component found 0 AU Components in 0 Plug-In files,

WaveShell1-AU 12.4.component found 0 AU Components in 0 Plug-In files,
Plug-in folder: /Applications/Waves/Plug-Ins V12\

But the shells are indeed in the folder, and all the plugins are in the folder as .bundle files.
there is only one Reg Au file though, I’ve read others have more.

Not getting much luck here :frowning:

1 Like

I have the same problem please heeeeelp!!!

any help Shay? still nothing :frowning:

Hi @paulfitzger89

I suggest contacting the Support Team, they will happily assist with this issue.

Have a great day.

I have the same issue with Waves Tune. I have tried everything and still can’t scan the plugin in Adobe Audition.

Hi @vinicius.bertozzi1

Welcome to the Waves Cuminity forum.

I suggest following the instructions at this link

I hope that will do.

Have a good day :slight_smile:

Actually, @ShayWaves, those steps there are for Audition or Premier and the rescanning steps are referring to the VST installs.

However, the AU format fort Logic can be rescanned in Logic Pro > Preferences > Plugin Manager. Highlighting a bunch or plugins there and hitting the Reset & Rescan Selection button can trigger the validation process.

If the plugins aren’t showing there often a simple restart helps with that. If that doesn’t work navigating to the User Library/Caches and deleting AudioUnitCache can force a revalidation of all your plugins.

The User Library is hidden by default, but you can open it by holding in Option as you click on the Go menu in Finder.