Waves v12.0.0 suddenly not working in reaper?

I have been using the horizon bundle successfully for several months now without a hitch.

today I launch reaper and while reaper seems to still have each plugin in its list of fx they are greyed out…so the usual (the plugin effect can not be loaded).

I have had issues with older waves plugins before and simply needed to redirect reaper to the correct waveshell, I have tried this and cleared cache rescan several times. I have even uninstalled any trace of waves software/files/folders including waves central and completely re-installed to no avail.

am I missing something?

Hi @halesproduction and Welcome to Waves Forum :slight_smile:

In case rescanning the plugins in Reaper and completely reinstalling Waves didn’t help, it is possible that the issue is licenses related.

Please refer to the Computer Appears as Disconnected Device in Waves Central article on our support page and follow its steps.

In case the issue persists, feel free to contact our Tech Support department. They will be more than happy to get you up and running with your plugins.

UPDATE— i called waves tech support and they fixed the issue. it was to do with a recent windows update. they repaired some redistributable files and uninstalled all traces of waves and reinstalled… sorted it!!.. for anyone else that is experiencing issues with waves plugins dont hesitate in calling them up…i could have saved a whole day of problem solving and frustration. hold time was less than a minute and the waves support team are very knowledgeable… best support i have ever had from any company.

1 Like