All Waves Plugins crashing Reaper

I recently started having all of my Waves plugins start crashing and hanging Reaper. (last 2 weeks) I thought it might be my recent Reaper update, but I uninstalled and reinstalled Reaper at a lower rev. It started ok for a day or two and now they are hanging again. Here is what I am seeing.

1. When I put a new instance of the plugin on a track, the window comes up but the UI never loads.
  2. If there is already an instance of the plugin in the project, it will open up.
  3. It locks immediately, so I cannot even turn off the UI.
  4. If I copy an existing instance to another track, I get the lockup.

I have waited up to an hour to see if the interface loads, but it causes a hang.

No other plugins that I own do this.

My first attempt would be to fully install and update Reaper, then re-install the Waves stuff - after installing the DAW.

Have you found a fix for this yet? My reaper has crashed also due to waves.
i have uninstalled reaper. even wiped my laptop, and re-installed operating system. thought it was a laptop issue.

re-installed reaper. works without other plugins loaded. but brainworxs bx_consol and waves schepps omni channel crash reaper.

using a venom blackbook zero 14’ laptop
with 16gb ram

I have not found a fix for this yet. Reaper did some updates and when I updated to certain versions, the plugins worked fine. On the next update it started crashing again.

I have uninstalled reaper and all the waves plugins I have. It just keeps coming back. I have tried some NVidia settings from scouring the internet, but that doesn’t help. I have purchased a license for Studio One and the plugins work fine there

If I set Reaper to not use the GUI, then I can utilize the plugins…just takes awhile to readjust.

Hi @myucka1 @trustprez,

Crashes can occur due to various reasons, sometimes it’s a clash between Waves and 3rd party plugin manufacturer, it can be also caused by a faulty session of unsupported setup (more common), and a few other scenarios.

To get a better idea of the probable cause and a solution when available, please Contact Technical Support :muscle: directly.

Having same problem with Reaper, now on version 7+ and only with Waves plug-ins. Has been occurring for months causing me to leave Reaper/Windows 11 for LUNA on MAC. However I’m back with Reaper/Windows 10 and it’s occurring and only with Waves. I’ve ONLY Reaper, UAD software and associated plugin managers loaded on a 512GB drive/64GB RAM so the machine is not overloaded in any way and is currently a spanking new factory install of Win 10. Waves Abbey Road collection vers 12 and trial of 14 do the same.

With 1-2 tracks, hang time is annoying but reasonable. At 4, it’s impossible and no way to conduct a session.

Hi @halfdoc2001,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

If you are running a supported Waves license versions as per your current setup requirments you should have no problems loading Waves.

A tech representative will reach out soon over email to further assist with solving this issue.