Waves Plugins Crash Problem

Hello, my Waves plugins freezes and crashes my DAW. I have a solid system and well equipped computer. I check CPU and RAM while my project is open, and they are all fine. But when I load Wave plugins, DAW just gets slow, freezes, then crashes. My computer; BIOS, drivers etc. all are updated and fine. I updated Waves Central and plugins as well. But I still get crash message like “A serious problem has occurred”, during work and when I close the project. Help is much appreciated.

Regards

Ali

My System:

Win 7 Enterprise 64 Bit

Intel® Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
32 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Grapgic Card
HD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB ATA Device

Audio Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

DAW: CUBASE 8.5
WAVES: V9.2.0 + V9.2.3

Hi @ACE_Mastering_Studio Thanks for joining or forum :slight_smile:

The issue might be related to (lack of or problem with) Windows Updates or other necessary Microsoft redists required for Waves Central. To get to the bottom of this issue I’d suggest contacting Waves tech support We would be happy if you will post the solution here afterward.

1 Like

Hello @OdelWaves

Thank you for reply. I have contacted with Tech Support, and got my ticket number. I am waiting for their respond. I will post here the result.

Regards

1 Like

Hello again,

I contacted with Waves Tech Support. I was told that there’s faulty files which were causing crash. Therefor, I was suggested a complete manual uninstall-reinstall. So I did it and problem was solved. I don’t get anymore error messages.

Regards

Ali

2 Likes

@ACE_Mastering_Studio
Great, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Hi @ACE_Mastering_Studio ,

I also have the problem and tried several reinstalls.
Probably I missed something in the manual uninstall process.
Can you please share what exactly you did during uninstalling?
Which folders etc. do I have to uninstall?
Did you have to delete registry entries?
At the moment all my waves plugins are useless. :frowning:

Best regards,
Ralf

HI @ralf, Welcome to the Waves Forum.

If you are still struggling to get your Waves products to load please contact directly our Tech support team who will be able to solve any Waves-related issues and hopefully save you time and trouble.

Have a great week.

I’m having the same issue, have done manual uninstall, reinstall several times and raised 3 support tickets over the past month with no reply (but sent an email asking to give feedback survey on the support I received - lol) We are a commercial business with 3 studios and really need this working. It crashes with samplitiude pro X3 and reason 11. PC’s are all AMD Ryzen 9 with 32gb ram - any help would be very much appreciated

Hi @Janitorman,

Welcome to the Waves Forum. :wave:
I think Tech Support emails might be going to your spam box or junk mail. I can confirm a reply with all the relevant information to the issue you have raised was already sent some time ago(9 May).
Please check to see if you have such mail, I have also made sure support will try and reach you again to provide all information.

Do note that AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12 core processor is not officially supported with Waves software. and it is also worth mentioning that Smaplitude X3 was only supported with Waves V10 so if you are trying to run V14 on this system it might explain the crashing issues you mention.

1 Like