Waves Harmony in Logic Pro X

I just got Waves Harmony and am wondering how to set it up so it reads the midi notes of a synth track that I already have recorded. My hope is to do a vocal track with it reading the notes of that particular synth midi track. Is this possible? Also, if this is possible, do I still need to set the key of the overall track?? Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

Hi @hallco,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

This should be possible by following the steps below :

1. Insert Waves Harmony on a vocal track in your DAW.
  2. Create a new MIDI track in your DAW and route it to Waves Harmony. If the Harmony virtual keyboard is mirroring
    your MIDI keyboard, you’re good to go. If you don’t know how connect a MIDI channel to an audio plugin, or if you
    are having trouble, refer to this Waves Tech article.
    We suggest that you start by selecting the correct Key and Scale to match
    your session. This ensures that the created harmonies suit the song.
    6 Waves Harmony / User Guide
  3. Play MIDI notes from your keyboard, along with the vocal track in the DAW. Each played MIDI note appears on the
    virtual keyboard. You will hear the resulting harmony playing along with the source.
  4. Use the Notes panel (left side) to further control each harmony.

If you need any further help or information feel free to reach our Technical Support Team.

1 Like

Unfortunately the way Logic works with passing MDI to audio plugins is quite antiquated and less than ideal. Hopefully they’ll change that in the near future, but until then following the steps above is the way to do it.

Great I will try this out. Thanks for the help.

1 Like