Waves Central Asking for Rosetta installing V14 plugins

Dear Support,

I’m using a Macbook Pro M2 and trying to install my plugins using the Waves Central 13.5.3. I installed my V13 plugins without any problem, but when I try to install the V14, by selecting f.e. a single plugin (API 550 V14), I get the following message:
“Some Waves components require Rosetta, Rosetta enables Intel-Based features to run on a Apple Silicon Macs”

Aren’t the V14 Apple Silicon compatible?

It says here they are:
https://www.waves.com/support/waves-with-apple-silicon-processors

I don’t want to install Rosetta to my system.

Thank you!
_ Kosta

1 Like

Hi, @flyset,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

Waves V14 plugins are fully supported in Apple Silicon processors running the following DAW’s.

You will require Rosetta if you load Waves V14 using : Pro Tools 2022.4, Reason 12,
Luna 1.2.7.

If you need further info or assistance please Contact Technical Support they will gladly help out and provide any further additional information you require.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem. I’m on a MBA M2.

I’m trying to avoid installing Rosetta on this machine.

The problem isn’t occurring during loading of the plugin inside an application, but before that — during the first installation attempt of the plugin itself (as shown in the screenshot).

1 Like

Hi @shubhamjoshi,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

Since Rosetta is still required when using Waves with certain DAWs as I mentioned previously in this thread, the option to install Rosetta will be available in case required when launching Waves Central from an Apple Silicon-based computer.

Seeing your plugin work means the installation and activation were successfully completed.

If you have any doubts or still need any assistance please Contact Technical Support directly for quick assistance.

1 Like

But it is not an option, I can only choose to either Install Rosetta or Abort.

I am using latest current versions of Logic Pro in Mac M1, as well as Waves Central and plugins versions.

I don’t want other Apps messing around with Rosetta so I don’t want to install it.

But if I do not install Rosetta I cannot install Waves plugins.

In tried with several plugins alone instead of installing everything I bought, but still the same TWO options:
1) Install Rosetta
2) Abort

So it is not “optional” to install Rosetta or not, because Waves Central doesn’t allow me to do so.

This is a brand new clean wipe/install of MacOS Ventura plus Logic Pro.

I also built an “Offline Installer” but, when installing, I get stuck in the same screen.

Waves Support just told me that:

1. I MUST install Rosetta because “Waves Central components” (not Waves plugins) need it

2. I can NOT install Waves Plugins without using Waves Central, so I MUST install Rosetta

I am waiting for escalated response I should receive via eMail according to the Waves Support Agent.

Just a note, nobody told me I MUST install Rosetta when I bought a lot of Waves plugins that didn’t need Rosetta as advertised, and the difference between “some components” vs “some plugins” is HUGE NOW, so it requires a much detailed description in any advertising that I did not get, even more if it is an ESSENTIAL “component” which you cannot avoid installing, a component that is required by Waves Central installer itself, a component that FORCES you to Install Rosetta if you want to be able to INSTALL plugins that do not need Rosetta.

I sincerely love how easy and smooth the Waves Central installer is, until I noticed I can use it for almost everything without Rosetta, except for installing Waves plugins (which turns out they do not need Rosetta).

So… I have a lot of money “parked” in a lot plugins (which I still do not need) and I will not use because I will not install them if I need to install Rosetta.

1 Like

This is very disappointing, I know its not their fault but man the fact i returned my Mac Mini M1 a week after i bought it in December 2021 because of all this “download rosetta”and compatibility stuff then waited almost a year and a half to finally last week purchas a Mac Mini M2 32GB RAM 2TB SSD thinking we were past all this makes me sad. Same issue with Solid State Logic & Plugin Alliance. I guess I’m going to just use logic stock plug-ins because I’m not doing this rosetta nonsense

I didn’t ever consider returning my Mac Mini M1, because it pays itself overtime, so I in fact I bought it for free just by not using my previous system, because it uses less power than a flashlight and it’s powerful enough to do crazy things with sound and music, and I indeed returned other Apple products very much disappointing, expensive and not worth it IMO.

BUT so far I didn’t need Rosetta (Intel-compatibility software) UNTIL installing WAVES plugins.

I already installed this software without installing Rosetta at all:

• UVI

• WorkStation

• Falcon

• Samplers

• APPLIED ACOUSTIC SYSTEMS

• ObjeQ Delay

• Chromaphone

• Lounge Lizard

• Multiphonics

• String Studio

• Strum GS

• Ultra Analog

• MOOG

• Moog Model 15

• Animoog Z

• Model D plugins

• APPLE

• Logic Pro

• Alchemy

• Sculture

• Klopfgeist

• ES1

• ES2

• EVOC 20 PS

• RetroSynth

• Sampler

• many more

• COCKOS

• Reaper

• still installing software after a clean/wipe of my computer

• I’ll update the list as I keep installing to give special credit to the ones that do not need Rosetta at all

• there are still many plugins on my queue to be installed, free and paid

I am not blaming anyone, but it is not my fault either.

I would like either:

• a fix or update to be able to install plugins somehow without the need to install Rosetta, even more when the plugins themselves do not need Rosetta according to Waves
  • being able to transfer my licenses without ABUSING fees over REGULAR price
  • a refund, because I didn’t see any notice regarding Rosetta requirements when I paid my V14 Waves plugins licenses with native Apple Silicon compatibility, and I use to read carefully everything related to Apple Silicon native compatibility

Same here. MBP M2 Pro. I was about to purchase Magma Strip Channel (V14) but I changed my mind and downloaded the demo first. Waves Central requests to install Rosetta (or abort) and I don’t want to. I hope when they fix this, the price of the plugin is still the same. I was really interested.

@Alfredor that didn’t age well…

1 Like

Rosetta is needed by WavesCentral itself on Silicon Macs even in Mai 23. I am done with Waves - it’s a relieve to never have to deal with Waves anymore after what happened this year. There are so may good and respectful Plugin providers now who are able to no longer need rosetta.

1 Like

July 2023

I still cannot install any Waves Plugins I purchased at all without installing Rosetta, so I am using other plugins instead.

Even “UVI Portal”, “KORG WaveState” and “KORG Opsix” installers have been updated so they don’t need Rosetta at all.

I am done with Waves, as I feel I have been cheated to the bone, and they did nothing but refuse to refund me every time.

Anyway Waves know that I have not been using any Waves plugins at all as I kept them unregistered ever after spending so much money on them.

Anyway, they seem much worse than I expected them to be and didn’t prove to be useful at all.

Good luck.

23th July, same problem here. Just bought a pack of waves plugins (V14) but it requires rosetta despite being advertised it’s not. This looks like a total scam to me.

2 Likes

@xyebiz

The installation process for Waves plugins and applications on Apple Silicon computers requires Rosetta, even if the plugin or application you wish to install is supported natively on Apple Silicon.

Note that you will not require to run your DAW using Rosetta meaning the plugins are running natively as mentioned.

The information above is available on our System Requirments page in case you missed it.

1 Like

I am subscribed to this thread and I was not notified of the updates…

And by the way, that notice about requiring Rosetta for installation was not there when I paid all that money months ago.

Ive just walked into this forum and am shocked to see the Waves team literally just doing the spin on this. YES, we know you need Rosetta to install Waves, but WE DONT WANT IT. You are making us install Rosetta simply for your one or two plugins. Can you please advise when an update for whatever software that currently needs Rosetta will no longer need Rosetta! Otherwise you’re about to lose a tonne of customers!

2 Likes

I guess the more obvious question people should be asking is if there is an ETA on a AARM Native version of Central??

Even a ballpark idea will do.

@simon.a.billington,

No ETA we can provide at the moment we will update you guys on the subject when possible.

@Adi.Waves
@simon.a.billington

I wonder why this thread has been marked as Solved though it is not. At least I bookmarked it for further review, as I was not even notified.

I don’t need Waves Central, I just need a way to install Waves v14 plugins without installing Rosetta so no other software stealthy runs non-native code (as Waves Central does).

I paid for the v14 plugins, not for the installer, and the plugins were advertised as native, but I cannot even manually install the plugins unless I run non-native code, so it requires installing Rosetta, and as Waves explained, there’s no way to install the v14 plugins that do not require Rosetta.

All Sales Are Final, so Waves still refuses to refund me or fix this problem, when there’s not even a Roadmap update besides the increasing subscription based services (SaaS), and I am not against subscriptions, but I cannot use v14 plugins without installing Rosetta, and it was not specified when I paid so much money.

There are two ways of solving this without requiring refund:

1. Allowing Waves Central to install v14 native plugins without forcing you to run non-native code as pointed by Simon

2. Allowing “at least” installing the plugins without using Waves Central, but according to Waves Support there’s NO WAY at all for installing plugins without using Waves Central

3. (*) Waves refuses any kind of refund, even when my plugins are not activated, and I was not notified that I would need to run non-native code for using Waves v14 plugins (advertised as native). If Waves don’t trust in me just realize that my computer is always online and the plugins I paid for are registered but not activated by Waves and Waves know it

And that’s the reason why I feel so bad, because Waves grabbed my money and dismissed any responsibility (and worse, good faith principles in commerce) just by saying all sales are final, as if I want to resell your licenses because I cannot use them, I am legally allowed to resell the licenses, I must still pay Waves a very high percentage fee penalty based on “regular price” of Waves products, not considering discounts, products which are always on-sale by up to 95% off discount, and I must pay Waves a fee higher than the price of the plugins that was not a so special price when they are always that price.

I feel robbed more than twice, and I don’t think my feelings are too far from actual events, seriously.

I cannot make Waves fix this problem, and I don’t want to even be able to force Waves to fix this problem, but at least show a little respect and allow me to use any other brand with my money, instead of grabbing my money without bringing anything to me.

I have been fair, and what I ask for is fair too.