StudioRack: multi mono

It would be really great if I could have to option to load multi-mono versions of plugins inside the stereo StudioRack plugin. I’d only use it 1/10 times, but those would still be super useful!

I guess that does make sense. Logic does this kind of thing, bu it’s not as convenient as being able to set up an entire plugin chain to exploit it in StudioRack.

Actually now that I think of it, it would be possible, I think, to run two StudioRacks in Dual Mono within Logic. I don’t know what DAW you are using, but you might be able to achieve the same affect.

It won’t quite be the same, but it could be a good work around, :thinking:

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been resorting to, but it’s not ideal. If I want to have mono signal into a stereo reverb, followed by a dual-mono compressor – I have to load two instances of the Studio Rack plugin This means my presets have to broken up into part 1 and part 2 + two round trips to my SoundGrid Server.

Also, in Pro Tools, sometimes I’ve found the StudioRack plugin doesn’t update the right side when loaded in dual mono. :grimacing:

1 Like

At least there is a workaround.

I’d put a request in to the Tech Support so that hopefuliy they will fix the “right side updating” issue.

They may not make the version of StudioRack we would want, but at least they could make it so that it updates properly.