WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

Not supported in SoundGrid mode in Pro Tools HDX, HD or HD Native

So now in version 11 I cannot use my DLI in SG mode and connect to my Avid interfaces over network? OMG :worried:

Hi @bjarte,

You can still use it for bridging and networking audio from the DiGiLink interface to Protools through the SoundGrid driver, yes.
however, there is no HDx, HD or HD Native StudioRack plugin component in the AAX DSP format.
So you cannot offload StudioRack plugin processing to a SoundGrid Server. It will still work with Native plugin processing.
If you require using the server to offload the processing, stay with the previous 9.7 version.

I hope this is calming :slight_smile:

Sorry I wrote DLI instead of DLS. I have a DLS and have been waiting for a long time to use my Pro Tools Ultimate with my DLS and Omni in macOS Catalina. And the possibility to connect my interfaces and computers only with the SoundGrid network instead of my HD native card. And of course offload plugins to the server. This is not possible anymore?

I’m in the same boat. I use Pro Tools HDX with a DLS for plugin processing offloaded to the server. I called waves tech support, and the guy I spoke to said that they are not supporting I/O mode at this time. He didn’t seem to know if this was a feature that would be added later on or not. The DLS has been discontinued on Wave’s website and is legacy hardware on Digigrid’s website. This is pretty frustrating because Pro Tools will not let you have side chain delay compensation without the HDX driver. If you use any plugins that require sidechain and want them delay compensated in Pro Tools, you need HDX and the driver. I can continue using Waves 9.7 version, but then I can’t update to Catalina correct?

What I conclude is this.

1. Hope that Waves somehow offer this as a later update.
  2. Hope that Pro Tools allows the side-chain delay compensation without HDX Driver.
  3. I move on from the DLS and offloaded server processing so I can upgrade to Catalina with version 11 plugins that work with Studiorack.

I bought the DLS back in 2017. It’s a great workflow and I’d hate to move on from it because I need to upgrade to Catalina one day. Why omit this feature and end support?? If anyone sees something I’m missing please chime in.

At this time there is no HDx, HD or HD Native StudioRack plugin component in the AAX DSP format.
I do know if and when this will be added.

Indeed you cannot offload StudioRack plugin processing to a DLS Server using StudioRack V11. It will still work with Native plugin processing.

Still, the bridging of your DiGiLink interface in to PT via the DLS and SoundGrid Studio is fully supported in V11 in IO or SGP modes.

If you do require using the server to offload the processing, stay with the previous 9.7 version on an operating system that supports it.

I understand that presents a problem on newer system, as 9.7 is not supported on macOS Catalina.

Sounds good Yishai. I will stick with ver 9.7 on Mojave. That said, I hope you understand that it’s hard to accept it not being there. I know you have no information about it being added, but please pass the word along to consider updating this feature in the future. I think a lot of people in my situation will want it.

@joellegros, I truly understand that it is hard to accept. I have passed the word up the food chain.

Thanks!

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy