I had some continued issues with scanning Waves plugins in Wavelab (primarily latest version WL 11) but I found a solution together with Waves Tech Support.
Apparently when updating a DAW or software version, the Waves Redistributables might get corrupted and the plugins are not scanned properly. So repairing the Redistributables installations solved the issue.
So so for anyone else having same/similar problems, this is what I did:
- Navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Waves Central\resources\res\external\Redistributables
- Select the folder 2005 and run all the vcredist files appear. In the prompted window, click Repair.
- Select the folder 2008 and run all the vcredist files appear. In the prompted window, click Repair.
- Select the folder 2012 and run all the vcredist files appear. In the prompted window, click Repair.
If the option to Restart your computer prompts, don’t do it at this stage.
- Select the folder 2013 and run all the vcredist files appear.
- Select the folder 2015andUP and run all the VC_redist files appear.
- Now, restart your computer.
- Launch WaveLab and rescan for the plugins.
In my case I could perform repair on some of the Redistributables, and for some (in 2015anUP) I got installation error, so these were not correctly repaired.
But it seemed to solve the problem anyway!!
So now everything seems to be OK!!