Missing plugins in Wavelab

Hi!

I have problems with plugin detection in Wavelab (version 10 and 11)!
Quite often some folders and plugins are missing, and for the most part especially VU Meter and WLM meter (VST3 versions).
They are most often missing after performing Repair in Waves Center and Plugin Detection in Wavelab. Most other plugins are fine.

In Cubase 11 everything is fine and plugins are detected, so it seems to bes something with Wavelab and Waves.

Anyone else having these problems and maybe some ideas what to look for or how to fix this?

/Hackej

Hi @Hackej

Welcome to the Waves Community forum.

Please note that WaveLab is not officially supported with Waves latest software version.
This does not necessarily mean that it won’t work, just that our software was not designed for it nor tested and qualified to run with it.
Due to this fact, we do not have a knowledge base of possible issues. It might work fine in some cases, but if it doesn’t we will not be able to help as if it was a supported application.

Please refer to our Supported Hosts page for a comprehensive list.

With that said, feel welcome to contact the Tech-Support team, maybe they will be able to help with that.

Have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you for the reply.

I did a total uninstall, cleanup and re-installation and now it seems to work for now.

The strange thing was that it was more or less always VU-meter and WLM meter VST3 version that was the problem…really strange!!

But for now it seems to be ok, and I will have to see what happens after next plugin detection when that is necessary.

/Hackej

Hi @Hackej

I am glad to know that you are up and running. :partying_face: :partying_face:

For any further assistance or information, feel welcome to reach out the Tech-Support team.

Best regards,

Hi!

I had some continued issues with scanning Waves plugins in Wavelab (primarily latest version WL 11) but I found a solution together with Waves Tech Support.

Apparently when updating a DAW or software version, the Waves Redistributables might get corrupted and the plugins are not scanned properly. So repairing the Redistributables installations solved the issue.

So so for anyone else having same/similar problems, this is what I did:

1. Navigate to:
    C:\Program Files\Waves Central\resources\res\external\Redistributables
  2. Select the folder 2005 and run all the vcredist files appear. In the prompted window, click Repair.
  3. Select the folder 2008 and run all the vcredist files appear. In the prompted window, click Repair.
  4. Select the folder 2012 and run all the vcredist files appear. In the prompted window, click Repair.
    If the option to Restart your computer prompts, don’t do it at this stage.
  5. Select the folder 2013 and run all the vcredist files appear.
  6. Select the folder 2015andUP and run all the VC_redist files appear.
  7. Now, restart your computer.
  8. Launch WaveLab and rescan for the plugins.

In my case I could perform repair on some of the Redistributables, and for some (in 2015anUP) I got installation error, so these were not correctly repaired.
But it seemed to solve the problem anyway!!

So now everything seems to be OK!!

/Hackej

1 Like

Ah, this is an issue that users on other Windows DAWs have run into. Good to know you found a simple enough solution for it.

Another thing I might suggest for the future is hitting up a few Wavelab specific forums. The plugins might not be officially supported by Waves yet, but there is a very good chance that someone else using Wavelab has run into the same issue and may be able to offer you a solution. :wink: