Loading Waves Harmony and Tone into VST hosts

Hi
I just purchased the Waves Harmony and Tone real time VST to experiment if I could
convert a standalone laptop into a standalone harmony instrument for karaoke usage.
So after some experiments I have found a way.

1. Install nanovsthost

2. Using waves central REMOVE the 2 products.

3. Then install only HARMONY

4. You will obtain the file “WaveShell1-VST 14.19_x64.dll” which only have harmony features

5. Copy this file and change the name to Harmony.dll

6. Using waves central REMOVE the products

7. Using waves central install the TONE product

8. You will obtain the file “WaveShell1-VST 14.19_x64.dll” with only Tone features

9. Copy this file and change the name to tone.dll

10. Using waves central INSTALL the other product, this will combine the licenses for both products into the main “WaveShell1-VST 14.19_x64.dll” which is only a “management vst”

11. Now you can run nanovsthost and choose the correct dll during loading

or use Savihost.exe and nanovsthost.exe and rename them to harmony.exe or tone.exe and they will
autoload the vst.

In order to control the vst via physical knobs you can buy some physical slider and knobs midi controller from Korg to assign to the vst.

Stienberg has a VST tester which may be better but this is for people who just want to get it up
quickly and for realtime singing only.

I am only doing this for karaoke usage. I am not a musician or music creator and I really dont want to
have to mess with any DAW.

I’d just point out that modifying code in this respect to create your DLLs would infringe on Waves End User License Agreement (EULA).

You have to be very careful when proceeding down this path, so I’d exercise this with extreme caution.

Hi SImon thanks you very much for your advise. Well understood.
I am going to use a regular DAW for this then. Apologize for any issues caused.

1 Like