Kramer Wet/Dry Parameter

Despite being a bit grainy, I prefer Kramer tape and I have tried many on the market. For treatment especially of buss mix using ribbon mics it is excellent. When using on other sources, Kramer desperately needs a wet/dry mix; it can be quite harsh on already bright mics/high impedance pres. I work on minimalist approach so there isnt usually plug after plug in my insert list…a simple fix would be very handy rather than mult tracks/sends etc.
Simple is productive and spontaneous

What I found great about the Native Instruments approach to eg Guitar rig, is to expose all the major/upper level parameters and have a hidden window to get to the lesser used/power user options, even tucking away somethings like wet dry would be fine and not clog the UI

2 Likes

Most of our new plugins do include a Mix control (Dry/Wet).
Regarding adding it to existing plugins - That is not something we can commit to at the moment.

Thanks ,

Sure, I realise there needs to be focus…the plugs are great btw. Wet dry has been needed for a long time…and such a simple implementation for a lot of gain…excuse the pun.
Additionally, one thing that is helpful, especially on tools like softube saturation knob…is allowing frequency bypass…check out ‘keep low’, keep high and neutral…just a thought…in that hidden sidebar :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl:
We will pass on the suggestion. Thanks @Aurasphere!

+1 for this feature. Or bring the latency to 0 so it doesn’t phase in studio rack.

In the mean time you can always consider loading it into Studio Rack and use the Parallel Splitter to blend some dry back in that way.

You could also go one step further and set up your most useful controls on the Macro, that way you can collapse the view and simply use the macros. :thinking:

Hmmm…not trying to be rude but maybe you could try out your suggestions before posting maybe???

More than just this plugin, every waves plugin should have a simple “frame” that allows utility functions as level in/out, phase, mix , ms/ m or s processing, balance, etc. (Like the presets a/b menu Thats global for all plugins) That way you have a certain extra control on top of the inner plugin parameter. This would allow to do interesting stuff even in lv1, superrack and just every daw. Parallel c6, mix control on an agressive compressor like this one or even dbx160. Modern workflow and Production techniques need something like that these days, live and in the studio. Maybe a v12 kind of update.

2 Likes

Yeah thats on the op. Even some of the stuff on the bx brainworks plugs. The m/s on their high end stuff is some of the best. It also cant be straight wet/dry…try doing parallel mix on kramer tape and hear the phase/combing issues.

Yeah I think there are some fundamentals they could add as standard, not just versioning and presets. They do work with a “shell” based system, so in theory it should be relatively easy to implement some basic features as you have suggested.

Perhaps make a feature request, if you haven’t already.

1 Like

New customer here … Anybody still listening to this thread?

I want to “bump” this feature request myself.

At least, I’d have thought the StudioRack would have the feature. And regarding the comment below about using that to mix a dry rack back in, there is a latency issue with that.

I’ve tried this, and there seems to be a latency issue with that.

On top of that…it seems to introduce phase issues but prob the latency introducing comb filtering

Waves already have our money for Kramer…without mix and no one else considers it important.
I found a better solution and same price (when on special) as the kramer on special AND it has a mix knob. I dont think it sounds ‘better’…just different but the mix knob makes it a hands down winner as it doesnt seem to add the phasing/combing

Kiive Audio Tape Face

Over at plugin alliance

Cheers

If that’s the case you will probably have to use a Linear Phase EQ. It “should” reduce any phasing issues.

That doesnt work and its pretty ugly actually :slight_smile:

Seems like there’s some inherent phase issues with StudioRack as suggested. Odd, I wouldn’t have thought so. I can envisage maybe the multband splits introducing some, but not the parallel split.

There are plenty of samples where people have been able to use parallel processes successfully, including myself, having tried similar setups in the past. So this one is indeed a bit odd.

Perhaps the plugin isn’t reporting the correct latency to StudioRack?!?

Yeah happens with C1 in solo/split band as well

Might be a point letting them know so they can attempt to fix it.
https://www.waves.com/contact-support