Getting a permission error when trying to install Waves Central

Captura de Pantalla 2021-07-17 a la(s) 12.00.07
When trying to install Waves Central im getting “Central has encountered a system permissions issue.”
I’m in OSX Catalaina 10.15.7.
Any help would be higly appreciated !!!

Chris

1 Like

Hi @cchipont and Welcome to Waves Forum :slight_smile:

First please make sure that Waves Central was granted permissions in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.
Check out the Accessibility and the Full Disk Access tabs in the list on the left. If Waves Central shows up in those lists - make sure to check-mark it.

In case the issue persists, feel free to contact our Tech Support department. They will be more than happy to get you up and running.

Dear @Gurik, and for all members, the issue was a mounted external disk. When dismounted, Waves Central could finally fix permissions and run properly.

Thanks @Urib for all the help in this matter.

2 Likes

Hey !
I was having the exact same problem, then I remembered that I had deactivated this helper one day (I don’t remember why)

As soon as I reactivated it, everything went well again. Hope this will help you guys !

1 Like

I was getting the same exact error yesterday and today, and after hours of looking around files and registry keys, along with trying out different system permission schemes, I found a solution.

Firstly, it’s good to check C:\Users\user123\AppData\Roaming\Waves Audio\Waves Central\Logs\permissionFixer for the latest log, to see what the error was.

I have generally installed (almost) everything on my external SSD, which is formatted as an exFAT. I presume since exFAT doesn’t deal with permissions, the permissions attempt failed (even though Waves has access to the drive, as it has installed and created files there).

Nonetheless, I had to change my plugin folder from D:\Program Files (x86) to C:\Program Files (x86), to allow it to use my system’s default NTFS SSD drive.

To do this, I searched all over to place, but I did eventually find the file:
D:\Program Files\Waves Central\resources\res\external\data\prefix.yaml

In this file, near the begginning with the long list of value definitions, I added:
ProgramFiles(x86): C:\Program Files (x86)

This way, the symbol ProgramFiles(x86) refers to my ‘C’ drive, instead of my external drive.

So here is what the beginning of my prefix.yaml file looks like:

--- !define

--- !define_Mac

__environment__:
  - HOME

NATIVE_INSTRUMENTS_SERVICE_CENTER_DIR: /Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center
USER_CACHE_DIR: $(HOME)/Library/Caches/Waves Audio
USER_WAVES_DIR: $(HOME)/Library/Application Support/Waves Audio
USER_LAUNCH_AGENTS_DIR: $(HOME)/Library/LaunchAgents
WAVESHELL_VST3_DIR: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3
USER_LOGS_FOLDER: $(HOME)/Library/Logs/Waves Audio
--- !define_Win
__environment__:
  - HOMEPATH
  - CommonProgramW6432
  - PUBLIC
  - APPDATA
  - CommonProgramFiles(x86)
  - ProgramData
  - ProgramFiles(x86)

ProgramFiles(x86): C:\Program Files (x86)
USER_CACHE_DIR: $(APPDATA)\Waves Audio\Caches
USER_WAVES_DIR: $(APPDATA)\Waves Audio

Even though I put it after the --- !define_Win, you should be able to put it wherever the other variables are being set.

This is, in case, Waves Central is trying to access a drive that does not support permissions, like exFAT, which could be causing the permissions issue.

This was the cause of the problem for me. Reenabled it and all fixed.

1 Like