C1: Please add the most basic missing feature...as with most plugs - Mix

Im not going to rant or do anything except keep asking for the same thing over and over
I have been using C1 since 98…yes it is a true workhorse and still good even now
BUT
The whole time I have been waiting for a mix/dry/wet knob!!!
Its upward compression is great especially because in split, you can solo the eg upper band and add it back subtly to grab some nice shadow details

Even if I use eg Studiorack, and want to do parallel compression using split/sideband, SR doesnt consider the latency introduced by look ahead so the compressed copy is now out of sync with the dry copy.

Please (1998)

…Please (2022)

1 Like

Yes, this!!! I noticed that the other day whilst doing the same thing. Quite a problem!!

So crazy that a bread and butter unit never got it!
Along with a choice of filter type ie min phase and linear phase
Absolute min these days

Yes, absolutely… I’m not really concerned re the filters, as Lin Phase options, could further smear the latency values and reporting.

Sure but broken code is broken code whether it’s Lin phase or not…the host is nor getting the latency info although I’m about to give up…I just wanna make right brain music not spend anymore unpaid time for debug…just checking suppressor atm

Yeah, this “not reporting to the host correctly” has stung me big time, with some broadcast masters going out with a few ms of audio being delayed into where it’s not meant to be.
Thanks for bringing this up, as I was going out of my mind tying work out where the DAW latency was coming from.

Thats a downer
Seems it does it randomly with others too. I generally use qrange for linear phase filter jobs and it has delay issues too when used in studio rack

All the best with it!

Linear phase IQs always need to be used with caution, Easy to end up with pre-ring in the low end department.
I can see how latency would be difficult to calculate accurately in Linear phase scenarios.

They’ve added it to a few compressors already, I’m sure it’ll come the C1, it’s really just a matter of time.

Reaper automatically has a wet/dry knob on every single plug-in.

Sure
Each daw has its tricks…even the oversampling per plug in reaper can be addictive
I use cubase (since v1), i code oem for Live, have had a good look at reaper etc
My point is, plugins should be autonomous and consistent for ui/ux…if im in a studio mixing on any of those platforms, each module of operation should exemplify consistency.
Remember how old this plugin is? And its STILL bread and butter un a lot of engineers toolbox :slight_smile:
Testimony of waves doing something right!

1 Like

With the (re)introduction of StudioRack it also potentially means you can build entire chains, parallel and multiband configurations including VSTs and have it work reliably and consistently across all DAWs… potentially.

Which can be a very liberating thing.

1 Like

Just want to bring this up again in relation to the C1 “Look Ahead” feature not reporting its latency to the DAW. Please WAVES, can this be fixed!!!

1 Like

Apparently the Kramer Tape isn’t being compensated for either. So there are a few latency hiccups they still need to get on top of.

I’m sure this is all on their list of bugs to fix, just probably a little further down their, priority list.

I just wish we had a list.
It’s becoming difficult to track this stuff when doing broadcast outputs.
At least if we knew what to avoid, or was not reporting correctly to latency compensation, we could make evaluated workarounds.

Every waves plugin should have a mix wet percentage control, and every stereo dynamics plugin from waves should have the option for L and R to react independently so live sound users (who can’t use multi mono) can have independent L/R compression or dynamic eq or multiband compression or de essing. We pay too much for the update plan to not have these basic features. But I doubt waves will do anything quickly, as you said you’ve been waiting since 1998… but thank ■■■ we’ve got plugins that we can make bigger or smaller LOL.

I just want it to report its latency to the host.

1 Like