Working in Final Cut Pro

I bought the Content Creator Audio Kit for my podcast and have been having issues working with then in Final Cut Pro X. Yes, I know it is not exactly an audio application but it’s what I have and know and am comfortable in at the moment.

When I use the plugins on a podcast that has already been edited, there seems to be a fade in and out wherever I’ve made a cut to remove an “um” or “ya know”. It seems to work fine if I apply the plugins to the raw audio files and then make the cuts but I’ve already edited a bunch of these episodes and am really hoping to not have to start all over again.

Also, I’m recording the podcast on a RodeCaster Pro so I have a lot of discrete audio tracks but I can’t tell if the plugins are recognizing them as separate tracks or not. For example, they don’t know what to do with the music intro and outro which is supposed to be a feature of the Playlist Rider.

I’m on a 2017 iMac on High Sierra

Curiously, in what order are you stacking the plugins??

I used the video under the Content Creator Audio Kit as reference and so it was NS1/GW VoiceCentric/Playlist Rider/WLM+

Yeah the order seems logical, for voice that is, although the WLM would be handy for the music too, but it would work better if it were on the Master out on your project. Which, in FCPX terms, would mean a compound clip around the entire project. Though, it doesn’t have to be done that way.

Tell me, with your edits did you do any fade in and outs on your “cut points”??