Dolby Atmos & co

Are there any plans for adding immersive audio support to plugins like WLM Plus & H-Reverb?
NX could also be a great tool for monitoring 7.1.2 mixes on Headphones, without needing the Dolby Atmos renderer.

7 Likes

Not at the moment, but I will pass this on

Greetings,
I would like to add to this list, basically everything you have in 5.1 should be upgraded to at least 7.1.4 (including their derivatives). Such as : the unWrapper, the Dorroughs, the 360 Surround Tools, etc.
Now that would be great.
Cheers,
R

6 Likes

Just adding my support to this too.

For all waves plugins and especially for me. Regarding waves NX. :slight_smile:

I’m starting to get more work in dolby atmos 7.1.4 and also 2nd and 3rd order Ambisonics.

Please consider updating waves NX to cover these formats. The dolby one doesn’t have to actually be licensed, just with the added speaker positions for the 4 above speakers added to the 7.1 setup we already have.

There’s a lot of work game work going on in these formats from linear stereoscopic 3d media to VR and even some 1st person non vr games too. These people would flock to NX if it supported these formats.

Thanks.

Matt.

4 Likes

+1 for Dolby Atmos support and immersive sound support.
And upgrading SoundGrid Studio in this way would be just perfect!

3 Likes

Adding my vote for 7.1.4 support, especially for the Surround Tools bundle. We are moving from 5.1 to Atmos this spring, and would love it if I didn’t need to move away from what I’m used to using.

I’m a long time audio post guy, but seems like with all the new immersive music stuff happening, would have wider adoption that the “post centric” Surround Tools. Would hate to lose the M360 Surround Manager for bass management on my master.

1 Like

Same request as others. Studio conversion in progress. Will take a while but will be shopping for plugins probably sometime mid to late next year. Limiter/Compressor/Reverb/WLM/Meters on TBA Mini Mac M1 Max with Protools.

FWIW, Dolby’s latest guidelines seem to say that music rooms should be targeting 9.1.4 (not 7.1.4), though I haven’t had them clarify this with a yes or a no.

So Presonus recently added Atmos Support and Eventide just now released Blackhole Immersive. Meanwhile I’m still waiting for H-Reverb to natively support 7.1.4. Come on! You can do it!

I can see the logic to this suggestion.

Of course it would make these plugins more demanding on the processor since its running more concurrent calculations with each additional channel, but processors are getting more capable too.

I think Atmos is certainly the way of the future.

1 Like

Since Waves has separate instances for different channel configurations it should not increase CPU demand for the Mono/Stereo/5.1 instances.

No, not at all. Just the more channels you add, the more a plugin will demand

Please! Do it my friend! This is now the only reason I will have to use other brand plugin. Need support for Dolby Atmos delivery!

To be honest, WLM Plus already is compatible, the loudness for Atmos is actually measured via the 5.1 Re-render.

1 Like

WLM Plus is not compatible, because you can’t use it as a true peak limiter on Atmos bed tracks.

That’s an interesting decision on their part, perhaps the standards have you tot catch up with Atmos??

I guess all they would really need to do with WLM at this point is add the Atmos configurations but have the plugin do an internal fold down for 5.1 metering.