Waves not working with macOS Monterey

Hi, hope you’re well. I’ve just migrated to a Mac (shoot me) and like a complete noob I upgraded the OS to Monterey and now none of my waves plugins are working! It’s not a M1 chip, it’s a 2018 MacBook Pro, but this should be supported by waves yes?

Any help would be much appreciated!

They work fine on my Monterey MacbookPro 2018 running Monterey.

Monterey is definitely supported. Perhaps your DAW isn’t though??

https://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/system-requirements
https://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/supported-hosts

Hi Simon, thanks for your reply. I’m on Ableton 11 so it should be supported. Any advise as to how to get waves plugins running?

Thanks,
Conrad.

I’m also experiencing issues with macOS Monterey vrs 12.1. The [release notes](System Requirements | Support | Waves 6) suggest that 12.01 is supported but there is no mention of 12.1. Any ideas on when will this be patched?

I should clarify, I can’t launch Waves Central to install plugins.

Hi @nathan Welcome to Waves Forum :sunglasses:,

At the moment 12.1 is not officially supported with Waves plug-ins, however, it should work fine.

In case Waves Central fails to load on your computer, I will suggest creating a new Administrator Mac user account, and loading Waves Central there.
If you will be able to install and activate your Waves products on the new account, it will affect your main account and you will be able to use the plug-ins there.

In case you need further assistance please contact our Tech Support department.

Is it a permissions thing?? Would it be possible to run some kind of “Fix Permissions” process on it to get it working again?/

If so, perhaps one of your Central devs can quacky do up a script/app and make it available to users who experience this issue??

1 Like

It is hard to know exactly what is the cause on Nathan computer that Waves Central is not loading at all,
could be a permission-related issue or a possible mismatch in the operating system settings that won’t allow WC to open properly.

That’s why when encountering such an issue, it’s best to reach out to Tech Support for further investigation and assistance. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Waves plugins don’t work with Monteray 12.4 apart from De esser, stereo imager and WLM meter for me. I’m sad about it :frowning: I wonder when Waves will update them?

Hi @erolsabadosh, and welcome to the Waves forum.

Waves V13 should work just fine on the latest OS 12, In case you are running previous Waves versions that might be the reason for the missing plugins.

If that is the case and V13 is working fine on your end, while previous versions don’t, I suggest renewing the Waves update plan so you can update all to the latest V13.

I hope that sets you in the right direction :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am currently using MacOS Monterey, at first none of my plugins would work until I updated to Waves V.13. Then I when to every plug-in company website and updated all my plugins. I use Uaudio, Waves, Izotope, ProTools, Native Instruments…etc with no issues. Check every plugin account for updates or tech notes.

1 Like

Hi @clefnotemusic

Welcome to the Waves community forum.

I must say that you are right, in a lot of cases the issues will be related to version compatibility.

Have a nice day :-).

1 Like

V13 plugins should work on Monterey, assuming you have the V13 licenses installed on your system.

I just upgraded my macbbok and it is running Mac OS Sonoma none of my waves plugins from waves silver work only the cla plugins I have also need help on this

Hey,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

I see you upgraded to the latest V14 licenses, if yu still need any assistance setting your Waves products please Contact Technical Support they will make sure everything works as intended and hopefully save you some time.

1 Like