Waves Central system Permission error

Hi all,
I am having problems with opening Waves Central.
I get the message: Central has encountered a System permission issue.

I have uninstalled, downloaded and re-installed Central but I can’t get passed that message.

It all began because I had issue with running NX Ocean, so I first started Central, cleared the cash in settings and after testing to see if Nx Ocean got fixed, I went back in Central, Settings and clicked on Clean… I think this might be the reason why now Central is not even starting.

I have Windows 10 Home with the latest update up to today 24-03-2022.
Can someone please help? I have submitted a couple of tickets with the support team but not sure how long it is going to take them to reply.

Thanks in advance.

Finally I managed to fix the problem by myself.

Very disappointed with Waves tech support… or should I say the luck of support.
I opened a ticket and the only message from waves was an automated email.
I thought Waves was a serious company that it looked after their customers… I was wrong!

If someone has similar problem with Central, I resolved my problem by opening Central with Administration privileges. The deletion of the Waves folder in the Appdata in Windows and the creation of a new Windows account as suggested in another post, did not resolve the problem.

Hopefully this may help someone else.

1 Like

They’re usually quick and responsive. Ask around, they have a pretty good rep for being timely and helpful.

You must have just got them on a bad day.

Same exact boat, why do I need Waves Central to download 3 vsts that I already paid for? Just added another layer of complexity for a clearly misdesigned piece of software. Reached out twice on two separate occasions with no real help. Admin doesn’t work, AppData doesn’t work, literally out money with nothing to show but frustration.

What Waves Version, DAW and system are you running?!?

Also consider checking this thread out. Look for the fix towards the bottom, it may be related…

To start the application with administrator privileges you must right-click on the central icon, click on properties and I think is then under one of the tabs… Advanced section I think.
I use windows 11 now so it may differ from 10.

To solve the issue, I suggest manually uninstalling the InstallHelper application:

1. Go to the Applications folder.
  2. Right-click Waves Central and click Show Package Contents
  3. Go to Resources > res > external > data
  4. Right-click uninstallHelperTool.sh and click Open With > Terminal
  5. A browsing window will open, browse to Applications > Utilities, and double-click on Terminal.
  6. Note*: If Terminal is greyed out and can’t be clicked, please change the browsing settings to allow all applications.*
  7. Let the script run. Once it’s done, relaunch Waves Central.

If you are asked to grant permissions to Waves Central / InstlHelper Tools, please allow it and type in your computer’s user password.

1 Like