Waves Central LOGIN button not working

Hey, anyone know how to fix this?
I opened up Waves Central to see if there are any updates, but when I put my email and password in (which is correct and works on the site), the LOGIN button doesn’t work. My mouse icon changes to the hand icon to show it can be clicked on, but clicking does nothing, so I can’t login.
In a bit of delicious irony, the SEND button on the customer support form on Waves website also fails to work, so I have no way of asking for support or help from them.
I’ve tried turning off my adblocker for the website, but it makes no difference, and tried several other websites and I have no problems with any of their buttons or log in procedures.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi @dion

Welcome to the Waves community forum.

Please refer to the How to Solve Waves Central Login Issues and Errors

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting our Tech Support team since this issue can be related to different variables. and the reference to it varies between the types of systems (mac O.S.X or Windows).

Tech Support will know to give you a solution for your specific system.

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

I am having the same problem. I have a new computer. I simply want to install my v9.2 plugins on my new machine. I have downloaded the Legacy L version of Waves Central. I enter my login id and password, and the screen just flips back to the login screen. No error message, no indication of why it did not log in. I know my password is valid because I can go to the main dot com website and access my account. Obviously I can post in the forum. So my account info is good. But WaveCentral L does not log in.

This is yet another example of why I no longer purchase Waves products. Every single time an install is needed, there is some annoying technical issue that takes hours to resolve. I am currently on hold for Tech Support and it has been 45 minutes.

Hi @anojette,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

Looking in our database, I see you were provided with steps to solve the issue using the latest Waves Central V13, This is as Waves’ previous Central versions will not allow you to log in in order to manage/activate licenses, or install online.

Have a great day.