Using Studiorack Plugin with SG Studio on a separate computer

Hi all,

When running SG Studio on the same computer as a DAW utilising the Studiorack Plugin, you get the option to use low-latency monitoring through your SG interface. This bypasses the DAW’s input monitoring (& latency) and outputs your live input out the Studiorack output of SG Studio.

My question is: Is there any way to run the SG Studio app on one computer and the Studiorack Plugin on a separate computer while still getting the low-latency input monitoring option?

The reason for my question is, I’m running a Mac Pro as my main Logic X DAW and a separate Windows 10 PC with Touchscreen running SG Studio. The advantage of this is mostly the touchscreen, but also I found the system runs better with a dedicated PC, rather than everything on one system.

Anyone know if it’s possible to use the low-latency monitoring option still?

Many thanks,

1 Like

Hi @toby Thanks for joining our forum :slight_smile:
Note that StudioRack SG and/or Input monitoring into it must be running on the same computer the SG Studio is hosted. Else, you can use live inputs on the PC’s SG Studio host (eMotion mixer) and send dry and/or wet signals into the Logic computer using the WSG DAW playback/recording driver.
In such a case, you’ll be able to use only StudioRack native in Logic.

Thanks for the response Odel, I have it working that way, I was just hoping to be greedy and get low latency monitoring at the same time :slight_smile:

1 Like