Can i use 0 latency monitoring with out studio rack?

i am using cubase 12

can i use direct monitoring ?

i plan to buy a server or maybe i will convert to rme

soundgrid is amazing but i found the studio rack input and output for me not usefull also i have alot of 3rd party plugin sometimes i dont use any wave plugin
Is there a good reason why I should buy a server?
And why can’t I use Soundgrid Mixer without a server?

I feel I made a big mistake
I do not see that the equipment that I have is not of high quality, rather it is very beautiful, but it is limited in relation to what I want to do

Can we see more improvement in the future in the way of use and new devices without the server, or the possibility of using the server for other things, for example with VSTi or something like that?

The RTL of my latency poses a big problem when using large sessions full of 3rd party vst vsti

For example, can the server be used to improve latency without using StudioRack or using Waves Plugins? Can the server be used to improve Driver power in large sessions in any way?
do u have any plan in the future to make PCie or something to help in latency

in rme pcie i can record with 256 buffer with out freazing any tracks in soundgrid no way

thank u

can any one suggest before i will sell my digigrids i need some one has experience between rme and digigrid

hello i am still want answers from moderator and users
maybe i miss something

Sometimes getting a response is delayed if the question is confusing. It was confusing for me. So I am just going to answer with how I would do it.

I wouldn’t bother with StudioRack for tracking. You gain nothing without a SG Server. I also wouldn’t track with any plugins…or maybe just a lightweight reverb for vocals. I start with a vocal/guitar for a scratch track of the song. I then lay down tracks/vst instruments as overdubs. If you want to do a live band multitrack, you are going to have to approach it differently.

Tip: Make sure ASIO Guard is active in Cubase in your project so you can get low latency monitoring on your live recording tracks.

Personally, I am a huge fan of Waves. I own nearly everything they offer and use it extensively in my home studio and live sound settings. That said, if I were you, I wouldnt put money into a soundgrid server before upgrading my DAW computer. It seems that would be far more useful for your situation.

After investing in a new DAW computer I would suggest adding a SG server and use Soundgrid studio so you can monitor without latency right through SG and offload waves plugins via StudioRack SG when mixing, etc.

I actually run eMotion LV1 in my studio for this. Awesome for jamming and recording. Easy to create low latency monitoring (we play with IEM) or playing to a click and guide track from the DAW for tracking, while everything else you are playing is going through LV1 (or SG Studio).

In addition, I run my studio at 48/24 with a 128 sample buffer. My RTL is about 7ms. I can run at 32 samples, but I dont find that I need that. 7ms is just fine for my ears.

A 12900k CPU is crazy powerful on my DAW machine. I run Nuendo. I could get by without any waves servers for my studio, but I have them and like using LV1, SuperRack, SGS, etc. YMMV

Anyway, probably TMI, but Waves has some really cool gear. Dont judge the tech by getting no response from the community. In my opinion, the forum is buried pretty deep and doesnt get a ton of travelers. Tech support and sales support are superb resources. Everytime I have reached out to them, I was happy with the knowledge of the team and the resolution to whatever issue I was having. Usually, user errors. :wink: