*unofficial solution* Fixing permissions and ownership. This may take a while

Hi @nigel.fleet

Welcome to the Waves Community forum.

In some cases, when Central will launch (but still have issues with the installation due to permission issues) you can try using Settings > Maintenence > Fix Permissions and Ownership. within Central itself.

I hope this information will do.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

This fixes the issue. Thanks so much! I wrote to Waves support and nobody told me to do this and it is what fixed the problem. Waves take note!

1 Like

Brilliant move. Worked perfectly. Thank you for your sharing your knowledge.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Even though the mentioned Sudo commands in this topic might solve a permission-related issue when using recent Mac OS computers and Waves Central, inserting a wrong Sudo command can potentially block your computer !!!

Tech Support will be able to verify the exact cause of the issue (since this is not always the same case when receiving a permissions-related error) and if required, perform the mentioned commands among other steps to solve the issue, these will be handled by an official Waves representative who is trained to solve Waves related errors.

Simply click on the next link and apply for technical assistance. Note that if required a Waves representative will be able to remote in to your computer in order to solve a permission-related issue. :muscle:

2 Likes

Sure beats potentially locking out your own computer. Personally I wouldn’t risk it.

Thanks this worked for me after a year of going round in circles with waves support.
the problem is the helper is disabled in services. you dont even have to run the sudo uninstall helper tool comand . just run the last line to enable the helper service.
{before the command } disabled services = {
“com.waves.central.InstlHelper” => true

{after the command} disabled services = {
“com.waves.central.InstlHelper” => false

This helped actually! Thank you very much!

1 Like

I’m facing this issue on my windows pc, can anyone help please.

1 Like

Hi I’m facing the same issue. Have you fixed it yet?

1 Like

Have you tried their Support documents??

I’ve found this topic that may have relevance…

You can also try contacting Tech Support…

Hi @aboodgrande,

I see you were in correspondence with our Tech Support but did not reply to their troubleshooting instructions yet.

Please check your email to ensure Waves emails do not get trashed or sent to your junkmail.

1 Like