Yes please!!! We need this
Has there been any update on a crossfade feature? What makes this a difficult feature to have on the LV1, if I could at least get an explanation as to why in the past 4 years with the amount of people requesting this has it not been done by Waves??
Silence from Waves unfortunately ![]()
I’d really love to at least hear some sort of explanation about what’s going on and if this is just impossible for some reason, or if they just don’t have the resources or something.
It’s become very frustrating to have so many people asking for so long with no updates or insight on what’s going on.
Crossfade times seem to be missing in SuperRack and SoundGrid Rack for Venue as well. This would help greatly in those products too!
Just adding an agreement here. Im using Lv1 on a touring show and it’s great. However, I’m also currently looking to update the FOH/mons/broadcast consoles in our church at the moment and would love to go all LV1, but the lack of cross fade is kind of a dealbreaker.
Any chance you’re there waves?
+1 Yep, really needed.
Bump, please in next update Waves!
+1 NEEDED, would love to see this
+1 yes! We were just talking about this today.
Yes please
, to crossfade scenes.
I’ll add a +1 to this as well. Would love to see cross fade times for Super Rack as well.
Just for clarity, for phase 1, this is all I want:
Feature: Snapshot fade times for Waves LV1 console
As an LV1 console user,
I want to specify a fade-in time for a snapshot,
so that fader values and pan positions transition smoothly when the snapshot is recalled.
Scenario: Set a snapshot fade time with 100 millisecond precision
Given a snapshot exists on the LV1 console
When I set the snapshot fade time to "1.5"
Then the snapshot fade time should be saved as "1.5"
Scenario: Recall a snapshot with a configured fade time
Given a snapshot has a fade time of "1.5"
And the snapshot contains fader values and pan positions
When I recall the snapshot
Then the fader values should fade to the snapshot values over "1.5"
And the pan positions should fade to the snapshot values over "1.5"
Scenario: Recall a snapshot with a fade time of zero
Given a snapshot has a fade time of "0"
When I recall the snapshot
Then the snapshot values should be applied immediately
And no fade should be applied
Scenario: Enter a fade time below 100 millisecond precision
Given I am editing a snapshot fade time
When I enter "1.54" as the fade time
Then the fade time should be rounded to the nearest 100 milliseconds
And the snapshot fade time should be saved as "1.5"
Scenario: Enter a negative fade time
Given I am editing a snapshot fade time
When I enter "-1.5" as the fade time
Then the fade time should be changed to "0"
And the snapshot fade time should be saved as "0"
Scenario: Enter a fade time above the maximum
Given I am editing a snapshot fade time
When I enter "100.0" as the fade time
Then the fade time should be changed to "99.9"
And the snapshot fade time should be saved as "99.9"
Scenario: Recall a snapshot where parameters other than fader and pan are included
Given a snapshot has a fade time of "1.5"
And the snapshot contains fader values
And the snapshot contains pan positions
And the snapshot contains other parameter values
When I recall the snapshot
Then the fader values should fade to the snapshot values over "1.5"
And the pan positions should fade to the snapshot values over "1.5"
And all other parameter values should be applied without fade
Scenario: Recall a second snapshot while a fade is already in progress
Given a first snapshot recall is fading fader values and pan positions
When I recall a second snapshot before the first fade completes
Then the active fade should be interrupted
And the fader values should begin fading from their current values to the second snapshot values
And the pan positions should begin fading from their current positions to the second snapshot values
And the second snapshot fade time should be used
Scenario: Recall the same snapshot while its fade is already in progress
Given a snapshot recall is fading fader values and pan positions
When I recall the same snapshot again before the fade completes
Then the active fade should be interrupted
And the snapshot values should be applied immediately
And no fade should be applied
Scenario: Save and reload a snapshot with a fade time
Given a snapshot has a fade time of "1.5"
When the session is saved and reopened
Then the snapshot fade time should still be "1.5"