Pro Tools 12.3.1 and Waves Plugins

Everyone:

I’m between a rock and a hard place and need your expertise.

I’m currently running Pro Tools 12.3.1 and Windows 7 Professional.

All of the Waves plugins now require Windows 10.

However, Pro Tools 12.3.1 will NOT run under Windows 10 (according to your specs).

If I were to upgrade Pro Tools, I would be forced to go to a very expensive subscription service which I really can’ afford currently.

Is it possible to relay to the management that I, along with I’m sure many people running Pro Tools version 12 or older, can no longer purchase any Waves plugins because of this compatibility issue.

Would your programming team ever consider making your new Waves plugins compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Mark A. Ross

Hi @mar18 and welcome to Waves Forum :slight_smile:

The latest version of Waves software to support Windows 7 (64 bit), and Pro Tools 12 is Waves software V10.

In case the plugin you’ve purchased is available in V10 - you can simply reinstall it in that version and it should work fine on your system.

So…
First of all make sure that the plugin in question is indeed available in V10. You can see the full list of V10 plugins on the bottom of this page.

In case the plugin is available in V10, the next step would be activating its license. You can do so by following the steps provided here.
Keep in mind that if we’re talking about a newly purchased plugin - it’s license will be that of Version 12. The good news is that V12 license can operate a V10 software.

As per installing the V10 software - you can do so by following the steps provided here.

Good luck!

Thanks Gurik for such a thorough response. I appreciate all of the details.

I wanted to point out one obstacle I encountered after downloading a demo version of one of the new (V12) plugins.

(In the following description, I recall this is what occurred but I’m not positive. In any case, I could not install the demo plugin.)

Waves will stop you immediately when you try to install the plugin and inform you that your operating system (or your version of Pro Tools, I can’t recall exactly) is not compatible with the plugin.

So again you’re stuck in having to upgrade Windows to Version 10, thus rendering your version of Pro Tools inoperable unless you upgrade to their subscription service.

Your thoughts…

Thanks and Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Indeed if you will try to install V12 software on an unsupported system such as Windows 7 - you will be prompted by Waves Central with a warning message, regardless of the type of licenses you’ve got (demo or full).
However if you will try to install V10 software on that device you wont be prompted with any error message at all.

Make sure to follow the steps provided in the articles added to my previous response to the letter and you’ll be up and running. :slight_smile:

Thanks you so much for your reply.

I will definitely try your suggestions this afternoon and let you know how it turns.

I’m anxious to use some new V11 Plugins (at least new for me) - appreciate your help.

Best Regards, Stay Well,

Mark

1 Like