Plug-Ins GUI Upside Down

Mixbus32c is a new version, not an old DAW, not saying you have to support it, just want comments to be fact-based.

Btw Waves v12 UI enlargement is helpful but truly the worst quality anything to come out of Waves engineering in the 20+ years I’ve been a Waves customer. Luckily I mainly use it in Logic.

Clearly a hack—not the kind of work expected of a company with a recurring revenue model.

1 Like

Does anybody know as a host developer, what I can do to work around these issues? Waves plugins worked in older versions of my host, but now in the latest versions, Waves plugins are all upside down.

1 Like

what the heck guys… have a nice system (iMac I5, 40 gig Ram, SSL2 interface), Harrison Mixbus 32C and Waves V12 last update (updated everything last night). Waves still “upside down\mirror”. It’s time to fix this. We are paying costumers, we deserve working plugins. Please look at this really trully seariously… Be waiting for the fix that will (eventually) come before have to pay for V13… or not…

Well the main problem here is that Mixbus isnt officially supported.
https://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/supported-hosts

That’s most likely why it’s still upside-down.

I have upside-down gui on Waves v12 after having to upgrade due to maxxbass no longer working since it was v10 and apparently not workable on Catalina-I got things to do! I use Audiogridder anyway with two imacs linked together via thunderbolt cable, so moving the v12 plugins to the audiogridder server mac solved the problem. I can verify that using Harrison Mixbus, Mixbus 32c, Ardour, and Reaper with Audiogridder, the v12 gui is not broken.
One possible thing that might matter big time, I use Audiogridder with multiple instances of the server on the server mac, and interact with the gui on that mac, rather than have the gui fed back to the DAW mac, contrary to the default settings. So I have not tested if the gui is right if fed back to the DAW mac. I find the served plugins more responsive and latencies lower if I use the server mac as the means to interact with the served plugins- less stuff going through the pipe!

Weird that the only plugins that I have to re-buy when an OS updates are the only ones I am having problems with.

I’m having the same issue with Waves 12.7 on Renoise 3.3.1.

Hi Guys,

If you are using a DAW which is not supported at all by Waves or not supported by Waves Latest version,
You may try to Rollback to V11,
It will solve the issue in most cases, even if not officially supported.

Well technically you’re not “rebuying”, your only paying for the maintenance. Price-wise it may not make much difference from a sale price, but the main delineation is that no dev can afford to keep plugins maintained free and indefinitely. It’s a service that will always cost one way or another.

Anyway, how’s Audiogridder working for you?? Is it efficient on the CPU?!?

The audiogridder setup is way light on the server cpu, i have 8 servers spawned at once and all the gui knobs and buttons respond nicely. Granted, i use the server computer to interact with the plugin gui, rather than have the screen capture going back to the DAW computer. Two late 2012 imacs connected via thunderbolt cable

1 Like

This is crazy. I’m demoing Vocal Rider, Content Creator Audio Toolbox and Sibilance and they’re all upside down with the printing backwards. I’m using Digital Performer 10 on Mac OS 10.14. Come on guys, why are so many people having this issue? And the drag is I probably won’t be able to try these out before the demo trial ends.

I’m not sure, but I believe the trouble stems from certain graphic cards not being compatible with Apple’s Metal 2 framework.

Might be worth looking into.

Same for me in DP10. All my V12 plugins are trapped in The Upside Down. Sure hope there are no Demogorgons hanging around.

:rofl:

…Sounds like an excellent idea for next plugin

It is getting annoying. Programmer’s laziness or incompetence, to deal with issues beyond out-of-the-box setups? Booh. Ardour 6.9.0 on Big Sur, it is STILL an issue with the V12 plugins.
And it is so easy to deal with: Metal rendering environment detected? no problem. No Metal? Flip Y-coordinates.

No it is not an issue with Ardour - it renders all plugin’s interfaces fine, except those of Wave V12. I talked to the developers, and they tell me the above: detect when a non-Metal environment is being used and use fallback routines in that case.

Same issue on FL STUDIO 20. lastest update. I updated all my WAVES PLUGINS hoping for a fix, but I’m left with the same issue.

Hi @cuteheart081,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

Are you loading your Waves plugins as VST3 from FL?
If not, please make sure to insert Waves only as VST3’s, since it is the only supported format when using FL.

Another option might be related to an incompatible version of waves installed on your computer, which does not match your computer OS version. In this case, installing a legacy Waves version when optional, will do the trick.

If you are still experiencing issues, I suggest skipping the troubleshooting process and Contacting Technical Support directly who will be able to help out with solving this.

1 Like