Ovox in Cubase AI or LE

Greetings!

I have a problem that I can’t find a solution for.
The versions of Cubase AI or LE are locked. Among other things, the Side Chain option does not appear in the Plugins.

My problem is the following. When using Ovox, as I can’t activate the Side Chain, I hear my original voice as well as the one after applying the effects of that plugin and there is no way to remove my original voice.

Do you have a solution or an idea for this? As much as I search the internet I can’t find anything.

Thank you very much!

Hi @michelatun,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

Have you tried to Contact Technical Support?

As long as this is not a limitation of your setup they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I have sent my question to where you told me. As soon as I get an answer I will write it here.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello!

I got a reply from the technical support but the advice in the mail didn’t work for me.

I have found, after a lot of tinkering, a bad but 75% functional solution which is not bad at all.

I have found that lowering the volume of the audio (not the audio track) does not affect the volume of the Ovox output as much. To further minimise the untreated audio from Ovox in the top left tab of the plugin, in the Voice section set Gate to minimum and Gain to maximum.

You will still hear the untreated voice but at minimum levels. It’s not an ideal solution but it’s the best I’ve found so far.

I decided to share it in case someone else has the same problem. Best regards! :slight_smile: