NX: More Headphones Please

The title is pretty much self explanatory.

I think the choice of headphones currently on offer is extremely limited. So much more choice would be ideal.

If you do, how about Sennheiser 380 Pro?!?

They’re flatter than the 280 and are more of an enclosed version of the 600, which makes them a great studio compromise. That’s why I chose them. :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks for asking @simon.a.billington,
There are plans to add many more models of popular headphones in the future; however currently we have no ETA on this.

3 Likes

Wednesday is good for me, if it’s good for you. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It will be on Wednesday. They don’t say when that Wednesday will happen :grin:

2 Likes

Uhh… bump?

It’s only been a year.

Good point. I would have thought more headphones would have happened by now!!

@YishaiWaves, am I going to have to camp out on your lawn with some kind of protest sign and a bad taste in clothes?!? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hi @simon.a.billington and @dwic,

All I can say at this point is that it is still in the works, however:

Abbey Road Studio 3 and Nx recreate the spatial acoustic response of speakers in a room over any headphones.
This can benefit you by helping your mixes translate better to speakers, whether or not you also use EQ correction.

You can use Abbey Road Studio 3 or Nx to add spatial acoustic response to your headphones, and add EQ correction on top (whether using this plugin, or other software).

That being said, in order to benefit from these plugins’ spatial effects, EQ correction is not necessary

Oh absolutely. In fact, I’ve been using the same type of headphones for over 10 years, I know them quite intimately, I know how music should sound on them.

Abbey Road Studios & NX, just offer a different perspective for referencing, headphone profiles or not. I just think it would be icing on the cake.

Yes, I know the spatial effects and so on… but, either provide no eq’s or provide a decent list please. I have the beyerdynamic 770 80 hz by the way :slight_smile:

So if NX is only about the spatial response I guess I’ll just keep using the eq correction I have been. It would be nice to see them expand the internal eq presets though. Seems like they have the skills to make this happen themselves rather than relying on a third party.

What is the recommendation for my personal eq correction, before or after NX?

I’d be placing it after NX. My thinking is that you are “correcting” the result of it’s output to compensate for your headphone curve. As opposed to correcting your mix to compensate.

In actual reality there may be little or no difference between the two approaches, but in the case where it might, placing your correction after NX, Abbey Road or Ocean Way will be the smarter way to go about it.

Maybe just add the ability to add our own headphone EQ correction within NX would be a nice bridge until they get more headphone into the system proper.

I just bought NX Ocean and I should like that the list of EQ headphones was bigger. For example I use AKG K240 since mid 60’s as here in Europe that is the model that you find in hundreds of studios and it is so strange don’t see these headphone in your list (for me); I know that is not so important but the mixes were more accurate with dedicated EQ. Thanks

1 Like

K240 for me too. I know there are probably better headphones out there but still love them.

1 Like

Audio Technica M50s and Sennheiser HD25s for us live guys would be great additions.

Please add headphones:

• Audio-Technica M40x
  • AKG K240 MKii
  • Beyerdynamic DT-880