Abbey Roads Studio 3 Request

After using the Abbey Roads Studio 3 the past few days I have to say I am very impressed with the sound it provides. I understand the plugin is more geared to mixing but I would love to see the plugin be availiable to use in the pc enviroment also just like the original NX software. As mentioned in the promotional videos, the room isnt just good for production but also to enjoy your music, and after trying my playlists in it… I completely agree! please do it…

Dan

4 Likes

I think it make sense having something like this available a time the system level. Not just for personal enjoyment, but you may be working with several DAWs or using something like iTunes for referencing.

It also helps you avoid that horrible mistake of accidentally forgetting to bypass it when bouncing!:

1 Like

Another vote for this feature. The plugin makes headphones really sound like speakers ‘in air’

1 Like

I run my DAW pc audio into LV1, and then feed the speakers and headphones via separate matrix output. That way i can use the Abby plug. However, the plugin is a resource hog, even on my Extreme server. So, i only really use it on my headphones, occasionally. Also, this method keeps it out of the loop for bouncing mixes.

I use it in Rogue Amoeba’s SoundSource on my mac. (Apart from my DAW of course).

The only problem with that is that head tracking keeps opening up, whether I am using it or not. I wish I could turn that off.

Humbly, Ylan

PLease note that Abbey Road Studio 3 and the NX Head Tracker application are not supported in Rogue Amoeba SoundSource. Here is a list of our supported hosts.
If the plugin works for you great! If you do not use the head tracker and it bothers you, you can simply remove it from the plugins folder, ⁨Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨Waves⁩ ▸ ⁨Plug-Ins V11 ▸ WavesHeadTracker⁩ but that is about all the help I can offer in this case.

Thanks,

I moved it outside, and if I have a full head phone day, I’ll move it back in.

In SoundSource, whether they are supported or not, all my AU-plugins turn up.

Humbly Ylan

1 Like