Mouse behavior under macOS Logic Pro

Anyone esle getting such odd knob behavior under Logic X?
When we drag a knob, the mousepointer should hide and reshow once we release the click.
Instead the mouse pointer never hides and jums wild around the screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaC2XFCxGc&feature=youtu.be

Ive had a moment of that with Clarity, but I believe the issue was fixed. I’m on n older system running Big Sur and Logic 10.7.4. I should be updating to an AARM (M2) system some time in the net month or so, however.

I’ll have another play with Waves plugins to see if I do indeed have issues.

1 Like

I get that behavior with any plugin I have under Logic

Anyone else on macOS Ventura @ macMini M1 gt such kind of behavior, please?

Waves confirmed that behavior and told me that it is a bug on Apples side and all 3rd party plugins behave like this. This is not quite true since Parawave Rapid works as expected and the Mouse pointer of no other plugins jumps around like crazy.

Greetings,

I appreciate you bringing up the issue you’re experiencing with knob behavior in Logic Pro X. This kind of erratic mouse pointer behavior can indeed be frustrating and disruptive to your workflow.

To address this, I recommend checking for any updates or patches for Logic Pro X that may have been released since you encountered this problem. Additionally, ensure that your computer’s operating system is up to date, as compatibility issues can sometimes lead to unexpected behavior.

If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Logic Pro X’s official support channels. They are well-equipped to provide assistance and guidance to troubleshoot and resolve the specific mouse pointer behavior you’re encountering.

Your dedication to maintaining a smooth workflow is commendable, and I hope you’re able to find a resolution soon.

Just waves plugins have this odd behavior.
Even the standalone version of CR8 has it, so it is not a exclusive Logic Pro issue.

Hi @ansolas,

The reported behavior is a bug on Apple’s side not specifically related to Logic.
the issue will manifest to some extent, with some plugins showing this more drastically and some with less to none, this might explain your experience with other 3rd party plugins where it does not occur.

Do note that our developers are in touch with Apple and they are aware of the issue.

Hello,
thanks for the reply.

That shows that it IS possible to fix it, even tho there is a bug on Apple side.

Hey, I watched the video you shared and that’s indeed an unusual mouse behavior. It seems like a glitch or compatibility issue within Logic X. Have you tried updating Logic to the latest version or checking for any plugin conflicts? If the issue persists, reaching out to Logic’s support or community forums might provide more insight and potential solutions. It’s frustrating when software doesn’t behave as expected, but with some troubleshooting, you might be able to resolve it. Good luck! - Ahmad

Just Waves plugins have this odd behavior. How could the Apple Logic Forum fix tghis buggy behavior?
Besides that, even the standalone version of CR8 has it, so it is not a exclusive Logic Pro issue.

Just tried it under Studio One 6, I get the same odd behavior there.

It’s very possible that Parawave Rapid are using a very different framework or custom workaround for a solution.

Even though you testing it on different DAWs is well it’s still likely to be an Apple issue, since its the OS that is responsible for mouse tracking and behaviour. By the way it sounds, it seems like Apple is admitting they do have an issue and are willing to work with developers to fix it.

By the way it sounds, it seems like Apple is admitting they do have an issue and are willing to work with developers to fix it.

sounds good, have you tested the plugins under sonoma yet ?
cheers Marc

No. I’m on Intel machine running Big Sur still. I’m literally only a few days away from upgrading to a Mac Studio. It’ll take me a few days to a week to make the transition. After that point I should have an idea.

Any news on this? Maybe it is an option how ReFX handles this issue, they just disable mouse lock so that the pointer wont disappear at all. I really would liek to use my Waves plugins under Logic but the jumpung mouse is so irritating.

Yes such a while that I am no longer on an Intel Macs System but an M2 MacStudio.

I don’t recall coming across this problem again, but its early days.