M3 chip performance for SG

Hello everyone! Would you recommend the MacBook Pro M3 for soundgrid recording? Have there been any dropouts reported with this new chip generation from Apple? Thank you in advance. Best regards.

1 Like

I can’t either talk from a SoundGrid or an M3 user sadly. I can tell you that I’ve been running natively on a MacStudio M2 Max since Sonoma dropped.

I do experience the odd bug or crash within Logic 11, but nothing too out of the ordinary and nothing really Waves related either. So that’s something I guess. Hopefully, you will be able to get a better response from other users.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. So far I’ve made connection tests, audio signal passes through with no issues with a MGB, 96k waves card installed in SD10, extreme server the new generation.

1 Like

I think that’ll be the way to go. Just run a few tests as you have been. Start small and basic, make sure things are connecting properly and passing though, which it seems you have done.

Then slowly but surely start adding tracks and plugins then work your way towards a “stress test” where you max things out and see how hard you can drive it and what happens if you take ti too far. Does it fail gracefully or does it crash the system. Hopefully the former, but at least you will know what you can expect from your system and whether there are any plugins you should avoid for the moment because the exhibit buggy behaviour.