How to Start Clarity Vx

Installed Waves Central which installed 20 other programs but none of them seem even similar to Clarity Vx?

Just want to clear up some old audio.

1 Like

Hi @schusr,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

Please Contact Technical Support directly to obtain rescan instructions for your setup, it is also worth verifying licensing and installation as per your specific setup.

Waves doesn’t have a straight forward architecture. There is various “shells” that are needed to run the plugin, Central is required to keep it up to date, there are is also a server that runs in the background.

It does seem over the top, especially for one plugin, but there are benefits that come associated with it. Like better resource management, performance and efficiency. Although it might not be terribly obvious using one plugin, but even multiple instances of that plugin will benefit.

How do I start Clarity Vx?

It’s installed, I can navigate to the plugin directory but have no idea how to start it.

1 Like

Hi,

You will need a DAW (Host Application) in order to use Clarity X or the Pro version, I see you also reached our Tech Support so they will make sure the steps and requirements to run Clarity are clear.

Do you have audio software that supports plugins in either VST3, AU or AAX format??

I have a similar problem, and I feel like a complete idiot. I have been using plugins in my Cakewalk DAW for years, and never had a problem. Clarity VX can be opened in any track of my DAW, so it is installed. The problem I am having is that it does not seem to work. I put it in my FX window, play the audio, and try to make adjustments, but nothing changes. It seems that there should be some kind of “start here” instructions that explain how to get Clarity VX to process your track, but your videos, and your instructions go from “what is can do” to " results" without explaining HOW to route the audio through the plugin. PLEASE HELP

Hi @boumpanimusic,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

Placing any audio in a track where Clarity VX is inserted and playing back should immediately apply processing, there is no specific instructions since it should work as soon as the plugin detects any audio signal.

I have requested one of our Tech representatives to reach over the email, they will be able to guide you through the process and make sure it works properly.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the intricacies of Cakewalk. I do know that Clarity require quite a bit of data before it can do its thing, meaning it creates a bit of a latency.

Does Cakewalk automatically adjust for this, or do you need to manually give it a higher Input/Output buffer to allow for it??