Waves plugins on OBS

OBS is open broadcast software

and it can plugin VSTs

but waves plugin does not working on OBS

I request that we could use waves on OBS

4 Likes

That’s an interesting idea. Even if Waves doesn’t offer support for it straight away, it’s certainly something they can keep an eye on, may be work towards.

If has enough followers it should certainly get Waves’ interest. :thinking:

2 Likes

I too would love Waves support for OBS. Only the Waves Shell appears as an optional plugin, but not any of the actual plugins.

2 Likes

I wanted to buy the Clarity Vx plugin for use in OBS live streaming. Luckily they allow you to test the plugin with a free demo version. It turns out that it does not work, even though I am using OBS Music with VST3 support. The plugin is visible, but does nothing. Too bad.

I think a lot of people route the audio through their DAW to overcome this problem:

Record Audio with Cubase and OBS

Once routed through your DAW, you can use your Waves plugins in the DAW.

1 Like

The problem with OBS is it inherently employs compression codecs on its material. That makes sense since there is no way streamers can serve up RAW data to their platforms, but it might potentially mean that the audio might be predominantly compressed before it reaches the DAW.

Not the end of the world, but there maybe some audible artefacts as a result.

I have managed to apply Clarity VX to my microphone this way:

1. Buy an audio interface with loopback support (like the Arturia Minifuse 1)
  2. Install the Cantabile VST Host. It supports Clarity VX.
  3. Route the audio from your microphone into Clarity VX and the output of that into the loopback speaker. The audio interface will now route the processed audio back into the loopback microphone which can be used in OBS or Discord.

There is just one problem. Clarity VX will stop working over time and its “memory” needs to be reset with the button in the GUI. It seems to be not made for continuous use like VoIP or live streaming. If you buy a licence for Cantabile Solo you can create a global hotkey that resets Clarity VX by mapping it to the reset control of the plugin. But I would love to see Waves adding a control to Clarity VX to automatically reset it after a specified time.

1 Like

You have a very valid point. How is the latency with that setup??

The latency is great. I don’t have numbers but I don’t notice any delay and I could further reduce the buffer size of my interface or tweak settings in Cantabile if I wanted. Cantabile uses ASIO as audio driver.

2 Likes

It probably helps that you’re not working with alot of virtual instruments or are trying to track a big band. Meaning you have more computer resources you’re able to devote to the one task. It could also be that you’re at 44.1-48kHz as opposed to 96k.

That’s quite possibly why its working out well.

Hi Guys, @simonflick, @merefox @bud.maynard @audio9 @carlosga

Just in any case some of you missed it.

1 Like

Much appreciated! Thank you.

Is there also a rack functionality that will work stand alone in Windows or that will be compatible with open source products like Equalizer APO (that allow to create filters in the audio input chain of the operating system)?

Welcome. StudioRack is a plugin and will only run inside a 3rd party host application (DAW).

It cannot run currently as a standalone but you can always add a request under the Feature Request Section those requests are reviewed by our team on a regular basis and we do our best to implement them when possible.