How to Convert Voice to MIDI with OVox in REAPER

Hi Guys, a complete newbie here (literally), I have read the article on " How to Convert Voice to MIDI with OVox in REAPER" but note it is dated 3/23/2020 11:50:32 AM, I have tried following the steps as outlined but become confused and lost at step 6 where you need to ‘Create a send from the Voice channel into the MIDI channel. and Choose which bus you would like to use (in the example B1). Make sure your send is Pre-Fader if you would like to mute the Voice channel’.

So I cannot recognise the screen shots for this function or procedure in doing step 6 as the picture of the MIDI map on track 2 of the voice track 1 is exactly what I am trying to achieve, I am thinking its an older version of oVox and the interface is different or I am just not getting the last part, could someone please help me out (remembering you need to explain it really slowly and simply for a newbie like me!)

Hi @consultant welcome to the Waves Forum :slight_smile:

In step 6 of the How to Convert Voice to MIDI with OVox in REAPER we see REAPER’s Routing window of the Voice track (ie the track with OVox).

This window could be loaded by clicking on the Route button on the Voice track:

Once loaded, create a New Send into your Instrument (MIDI) track and follow the rest of the instructions.

That should do the trick :slight_smile:

Many Thanks, you guys have been very patient with me. In the article on " How to Convert Voice to MIDI with OVox in REAPER" (on my screen at least) the route button was not visible so this step did not make sense to me at the time. I have now managed to get the procedure right and create a midi track of my voice ‘beatboxing’ an old jazz-funk tune from the early 80’s (yep I am that old). The idea being I can use the midi file to play the tune with different VST’s to re-create the tune. But I am not sure how to save the actual midi file for use elsewhere, I have trawled the REAPER manual which talks about saving projects but not Midi tracks, and I am still awaiting an answer to my question on this from the reaper forum. Despite this many thanks for your reply to my question and your instructions. Still having loads of fun with oVox its really great!