How do I manage downloadable Studio Rack preset files?

Downloaded some of the free Waves presets for Studio Rack. They downloaded as zip files into my Downloads folder on Windows 10 computer. Where do I extract them to, and how do I save them so they show up in my “Load” preset menu? Might help to know where Waves saves the Studio Rack presets and put them there? Or, do these presets need to be be saved as User presets? If so, where is that folder located? Thanks.

Hi @Bschreiber12,

Please refer to this link and follow the instructions to load free presets and save them as a new user preset.

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

I keep clicking on the link and getting “access denied Error 16”. Is there something wrong on my end? I am not aware of a proxy on my end, but one shows in the error message. Is it a proxy from Waves by chance?

Hi @nogravity29,

You can download Free presets from the next link, you will also find the instructions on how to use and load these.

Thanks for getting back to me. Does the link you sent also apply to other free presets as well?

Hi,

The link includes free presets for various Waves plugins.

I really recommend trying out the new StudioVerse, this is a huge library of chains by known artists as well as members of the Studioverse community.

If you do try it and want share your thoughts know that we appreciate any input this is what the Forum is all about.

I wonder, once I chose and loaded a chain from / in StudioVerse… where is this chain or file saved? What’s the default location? Or isn’t it downloaded to the harddrive and I must (seriously) look it up again for another session (if I didn’t save it anywhere manually) ?? :thinking:

Hi @curryouz,

Loading a chain in Studioverse will not save it by default to add it to your User Presets you will need to click on save if you wish to.

You can also check these following tips to unlock some of the huge potential Studioverse has.