How can I go back to Sheps Omni Channel v1

I am at the very end of a Studio One project which has Scheps Omni Channel v1 on every channel and it is now being reviewed by a label for feedback. Today I upgraded to the Scheps Omni Channel v2, but instead of replacing the Scheps Omni v1 on all the tracks, the project just loads up stating the Omni Channel v1 is now missing on all the tracks. I just cannot reload Omni v2 on to all of those tracks and then even try to remember what the settings were.

Problem solved, panic over.

Interestingly, how did you solve this?? Did it just load up Omni 2 with all the original settings??

After making a few a mistakes by uninstalling Waves Central and trying to install an older version of Waves Central, which just automatically updates to the latest version, I managed to resolve it by following these steps.
So here is a summary/step guide of how to roll back to the Scheps Omni Channel v1 (I think this will be the same for any other plugin) - Windows process

• Waves Central must be installed - it doesn’t matter if it is the latest version, but I recommend it
  • Download the older version of Waves Central that you need to go back to at:
    • www_waves_com/support/how-to-install-waves-legacy-versions (replace _ with .)
  • Unzip the downloaded file,
  • Do not click on Install_Waves_Central.exe, unless you have uninstalled it. It doesn’t matter if it updates to the latest version.
  • Then either click on the file install.cen and open it with Waves Central or drag that file onto Waves Central (already opened) instead.
  • You will see all the older plugins in a pop up window. Scroll through them and find the plugin you are looking for and install it.

It’s all on the help page, which I should have just read through correctly, instead of going into panic mode.
www_waves_com/support/how-to-install-waves-v14

Old rule I should have listened at the time - don’t upgrade while you are still busy on a project.

Anyway, I managed to save the project, so it is all good and I will just upgrade Scheps Omni later.

1 Like

It seems a bit of an oversight. I’m surprised they didn’t automatically migrate all the old versions to the new version completer with settings.

Might be an idea to suggest it actually.

I understand that some plugins upgrades cannot be backwards compatible and other developers just install the newer version to run alongside the older version, so upgrade doesn’t effect the older projects with the older version. It would be great if same can be done with Scheps Omni 2 running alongside Scheps Omni 1.

1 Like

This isn’t working for me… because my Scheps Omni Channel v1 wasn’t a Waves v13 plugin, it was a Waves v14 plugin… and even the Offline Installer for v14 is now Scheps Omni Channel v2. Does anyone have the Scheps Omni Channel v1 Offline Installer files from Waves v14? I’m stuck! None of my projects load now! Nightmare city… I’m so disappointed in Waves for this, if v2 wasn’t “compatible” with v1, they should have kept both versions in the Installer.

I might be able to help you here with the rights steps on to get it back to v1, I’ve been in the same situation before. But I will write up the steps later today when I get back home after work.

Hi @ujnhunter,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

One of our Techies will reach out soon over email to solve the reported behavior and make sure everything loads as it was.

Do note that in case you might have saved your sessions with Waves loaded as VST i.e. instead of VST3 this might explain the cause of the issue.

1 Like

If you go to the link below you will see a v14.o to download.

• Waves Central must be installed - it doesn’t matter if it is the latest version, but I recommend it
  • Download the older version of Waves Central that you need to go back to at:
  • Unzip the downloaded file,
  • Do not click on Install_Waves_Central.exe, unless you have uninstalled it. It doesn’t matter if it updates to the latest version.
  • Then either click on the file install.cen and open it with Waves Central or drag that file onto Waves Central (already opened) instead.
  • You will see all the older plugins in a pop up window. Scroll through them and find the plugin you are looking for and install it.

Keep in mind that you cannot have 2 versions of a waves plugin installed at the same time.

Thank you @clintonpeck, this seems to have worked for me, even if the Offline Installer for v14 seems to show it as Scheps Omni Channel 2, this seems to still install the v14 Scheps Omni Channel (1) still even if it doesn’t list it in the installer. Hopefully Waves can figure out a way to make Scheps Omni Channel 2 backwards compatible with Scheps Omni Channel in the future here, as using this method to get back to the original Scheps Omni Channel means that I’m no longer able to use the newer plugins like Key Finder, etc…

I’m in the same boat as you. Pretty much most of the other developers out there when they release newer versions and if they are not backwards compatible, they will just be installed alongside the older version so the user will have access to both versions. Izotope are a good example of this. I am still stuck with OMNI v1 and I’ve just started another project while I am finishing off an older project with OMNI v1, So, I am stuck again with v1 and now I have to wait for the newer project to be finished before I can upgrade to v2, as long as I don’t have another cross-over project come again. Which is quite disappointing they haven’t really thought about this being an issue.

Yeah, I wish they’d keep both installed. OMNI v1 up until the v14 and OMNI v2. I’ve been using OMNI v1 for the past 5 years in almost ALL of my projects… so having it just be un-usable is insane to me. I wish I could just update my v14 plugins to right before I “accidentally” hit “Upgrade” on OMNI v2 as I could still use my Key Finder plugin before that… now I don’t see any way to just “update” certain plugins to the latest versions without removing my OMNI v1 install. :frowning:

Thanks for all your help. Just wanted to post an update, that finally I was able to get a clean/upgraded install of Waves v14 and my plugins finally all load properly in place where they should in my project files. Scheps Omni Channel v2 loads in place of v1 fine now.

If anyone else runs into this issue. You’ll have to uninstall all of your Waves plugins, wipe any reference of Waves or WavesShell from your DAWs plugin list (I use Reaper so they are contained in a couple of VST.ini files), then re-install a fresh v14 install of your plugins and the upgrade/update. Then re-open your DAW and let it scan all of the Waves Plugins from scratch. Then it should hopefully load properly. Took me a few hours to figure this all out and fix it.

2 Likes

You do not necessarily have to go through removing installing all, sometimes a simple hard rescan as per our articles which are available for every DAW we support on o Waves.com will do the trick.

When Waves products do not load as they should, (as in your case) and basic troubleshooting you guys perform per our articles does not work, its is best to leave it to Tech Support to solve, they are trained for exactly that, and their goal is for you guys to enjoy your products while making music mixing broadcasting not troubleshooting :wink:.

Glad it works now. How do you find this upgrade ? had a chance to test it out in your mixes yet?

1 Like

I have to add, that in the case of Logic, rebuilding the plugin cache can often help eliminate these issues.

Thanks for the post.
I finally got time now to follow your instructions and you are right, it works
It replaced all of the Scheps Omni v1 with v2 in all of the projects and keeps their settings.
The burden is now gone.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it all worked out for you Clint.