exFAT Support for Waves Licenses on USB Drives!

FAT32 just doesn’t cut it anymore. With Windows 10 supporting exFAT out of the box, it’s the new standard for moving files between a PC and Mac. exFAT works as intended with Waves Central for MacOS. Would Waves consider exFAT format support in Waves Central for Windows 10?

2 Likes

Hi @Andresehn, Welcome to Waves forum :slight_smile:
There is no problem using exFAT file format when one needs to work with 64 bit Mac/Windows systems. Yet, exFat will not cover all the use cases, i.e. Venue v3 consoles running on Windows XP.
The recommended file formats are available at this link.

1 Like

Please elaborate! In my experiences, I have no problem installing my licenses onto an exFAT USB drive when on my Mac. However, when plugged into my Windows PC, I do not see my drive listed in Waves Central as an acceptable destination from my license cloud. Are there any next steps that you can recommend?

@OdelWaves
I really need to find the answer for this. My external hard drive I just bought shows up on waves central for my macbook pro 16 inch, but it does not show up in waves central on my windows 10 computer. I really would like to move all my licenses to my external hard drive but it DOES NOT show up. How can we get Waves Central to see our external hard drives under connected devices on windows 10??

1 Like

Any updates on this? I believe there are a lot of use cases for this exact scenario when constantly switching between a mac and windows setup. Currently ExFat is still not working for windows licenses and only shows up on mac environments. Kind of ridiculous when you consider how many distributors let you just synchronize licenses from the cloud instead of constantly needing a single license file with a few entries. If you are going to force us to have these hard coded license files, at least support the most popular formats.