• More mute groups
• More sub groups
• Ability to cascade servers for more dsp.
• Ability to route a group within a group while retaining latency compensation.
• Option to route any plugin post fader.
• Send the listen function of Plugins only to the cue bus.
• Clear peaks in the small icon of the custom layer tabs.
• Ability for assigned devices to retain their given name.
• A better way to navigate scenes from the drop-down menu with fewer sub menus.
• More mute groups
Yes and more:
- Patch change between scenes (for festivals please !)
- Cue to matrix
- Crossfade between scenes
- Fader to send specific channel to aux
For scene, a load before recall will be cool
Adding to this,
1- More User Defined Keys were available (F1-F8 could be F1-F12)
2- Session structure like the Digico workflow where you can assign busses/matrixes etc from a list rather than 16/32/64 I/o presets.
3- Redundant Servers could be used alongside rather than as a spare… (maybe FX processing only as a start? or Rack A attached to 1 server, and Rack B attached to the other?)
4- HUI was supported, allowing XTouch’s to receive Metering Data
5- possiblility of making the User Defined Keys more script editor based like Digico’s macros. Or have more than one use assigned to each button.
6- OSC / More Key commands were included in the software
7- Secondary displays could have more than one screen open on it in the same tab, rather than having multiple windows open. eg, channel, patch and scene all on one screen, with mixer 1&2 and setup on the other.
8- Move faders off the screen to allow more space for Aux/Rack, etc, when using a controller
9- Scaleable GUI for LV1, even if its just 1080p rather than a full range of options.
@DanBamberAudio about what you said:
- Yes, a lot of user defined keys and maybe potar could be cool, with keyboard shortcuts and Mackie commands
- Could be great but it change completely the workflow and the licences. It will be a HUGE update, complete rethink of LV1
- That’s what @nikolakogr said about cascade server for more DSP. Today extreme server is too weak to handle 64 channels and 16 monitors with lot of processing.
- YES !
- Yes, and/or keyboard shortcuts, for devices like streamdeck that can emulate keyboard
- Why not, i only use one screen, but i know what you mean
- Why not just go to channel window when you use a controller ?
- Maybe one day…
I think Waves does an incredible work with this console but today, some little things limit its use cases. By example, I’d love to put it on a festival, where a lot of sound guy could discover it but the patch is lock to one session…
I understand that the dev take time, and the console is young.
It will be cool if users could directly propose improvements to the Waves team and see the progress of the project, as MusicGroup with the X/M32
It will be incredible if users can have access to Beta version of the soft, not for production, but for REX.
Totally love all this requests here
More mute groups
More sub groups please!
Fade times between scenes and more specific “scope “ of scenes
Allowing to recall only specific slots on specific inputs
Ex only plug in slot 3 on one channel is recalled.
The rest of the channel is safe
3- Redundant Servers could be used alongside rather than as a spare…
The ability to run the console on one server and do all the plugin processing on a second server would solve a lot of issues. I hardly run into any issues when using super rack but run out of horsepower quickly in LV1.