DigiGrid IOX Loopback Setup

Greetings. How do I set up a loopback with my DigiGrid IOX? Basically, as I have done with a prior audio interface, I need the ability to listen back to externally streamed audio (e.g., the audio in a YouTube video). Thank you.

Hi @aspsa,

Any SoundGrid interface along with SoundGrid Studio or LV1 Mixers could integrate streamed audio using the SG Driver.

Simply select the Waves SoundGrid driver to be the audio driver of the computer running the audio stream.

Then, assigned driver channels 1-2 to a stereo channel in a SoundGrid Application Mixer (ie SoundGrid Studio Mixer, LV1).

Note that in order to work with those digital mixers, a SoundGrid server must be a part of the setup.

Also, note that you can patch channels from your DAW to the mixer using the SG Driver, as well as physical connections from your IOX.

If running the stream and DAW using the same computer, make sure to avoid using the 1-2 driver channels in your DAW.

All that said, note that without a SoundGrid server you can still patch the same SG Driver channels directly to the IOX outputs, using any SoundGrid application’s Patch > Device to device.

For more information on SG driver, SG apps and DAW, please refer to this link or contact our beloved Tech Support team to assist with this.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Thank you for the response. Yes, I happened to have contacted Waves tech support, and the tech support person effectively stated what you said. However, he also confirmed that the DiGiGrid IOX audio interface does not have loopback capability and, if such capability were to be supported in the future, it would be done so via a firmware update.

Yap, it´s kinda unbelivable that this doesn´t work in 2021, my € 149 Steinberg UR 242 does that with no problems…

I tried everything, the only way is to make two Auxes (left and right) in the emotion st Mixer and send the DAW signal which I created an Mixerchannel for to it and also if you want to talk, send that to the Aux as well.
Then route the Aux to ASIO 1+2, in case you want to use obs, cause it only picks up 1+2…

But then again I figured out that despite of sending 2 Auxes with left and right to ASIO out, it appears in obs as mono…???

So I hooked up my Steinberg again and now it´easy…

Rogue amoeba Loopback

The best loopback facility I have come across and use daily is in the RME eco-system via their Totalmix software. The cool thing is, you can incorporate this with Soundgrid (if you are not looking at super low latency in your feed).