Davinci Resolve support?

I’m buying some plugins for my adobe cc software. But I know pretty soon we’ll be moving to resolve full time. Are there any plans on supporting this software?

1 Like

Hi @fransueloken, welcome to the forum!

In general our plugins do work in Resolve,
However we have not fully qualified it yet and are not ready to officially support it at this time.

I suggest demoing Waves in Resolve to see it it meets your needs.

Enjoy!

Davinci Resolve is fast becoming the next heavy weight NLE. It’s right up there with FCPX and Premiere. It’s been used on a few Hollywood movies.

It’s seriously worth Waves considering official support for it as a new platform. It’s only getting stronger and it isn’t going away.

Well it’s certainly worthwhile some heavy consideration from management.

1 Like

I can confirm that even in 2021, Waves Tune does not work in DaVinci Resolve 17…unless perhaps you guys would be willing to offer some guidance…(?)

Yeah I have been having a conversation with someone somewhere else, I think in this forum. It seems that this problem might stem from a lack of Rewire support in Resolve.

That’s fair though, assuming this is true, as Rewire was a much older solution to a problem that has been since solved natively in the operating systems I believe. Inter-App Communication (IAC) in Mac.

I think what would need to happen is WavesTune to introduce a substitute method for Rewire, if this is indeed the case. Though, I can’t see that happening as that could mess with backwards compatibility. It’s probably more likey that Waves develops a new modern era pitch tuning plugin, perhaps with polyphonic tuning.

But that isn’t of help anyone at the moment.

so sad. Every time I try to use a waves plugin in my 2020 powerful Mac running DAVINCI resolve it crashes. Seems like this is crucial to adapting to a huge number of users.

1 Like

I agree. I keep running into more and more people using Waves on Resolve. I think ever since buying out Fairlight and merging their system in with Resolve I figured it would’ve become more of a priority for audio developers since it has become such a heavy hitter in the NLA world. I’m thinking there are probably more people using Resolve than Reaper, or even Live. I am guessing, though.

I can understand from Waves’ perspective, though, as it isn’t easy to add another DAW or NLE to their list of supported hosts, let alone avidly look for and correct compatibility issues. Hopefully, that will change soon enough.

I’d like to add my upvote and voice to formalizing support for BMD Davinci Resolve (Fairlight).

It’s being used by multiple European and Asian broadcasting companies, the NFL in the US, and I see it steadily gaining adoption and traction here in Hollywood, especially in post-production.

Happy to facilitate an introduction to some of my contacts there.

Thor

1 Like

Yes, I really wish that Waves / Davinci can sort this out - seems (to me) a bit ridiculous that two “industry standard” solutions don’t recognise the importance of them being compatible with each other - madness!

I don’t think its a case of not recognising, I think it’s more of a demographics thing. Or, more hopefully, its actually on their todo list, they just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Hey guys, @MillbrookStudios @smsd @catapult @MrMark @simon.a.billington
Just in case you missed it > Waves Plugins Now Compatible with DaVinci Resolve.

·

1 Like

Thanks Adi - in the end we had to remove all the Waves plugs in from all our old “DV 17” Projects, then export these. We can then import them into DV 18

1 Like

Absolutely awesome news. Which format is supported VST3 or AU??

Hi Simon,

Indeed great news. Only VST 3 is supported.

1 Like

I figured as much. The same as Ableton Live.