Cubase Waves VST3 not working after reinstall

Hi All!

Need help! I have read the previous post on VST not working on their DAWS. Wanted to see if anyone has the same experience with their Cubase.

I needed to reinstall my Cubase Elements 10 on my PC laptop. Now my Waves VST3 (V10) won’t work. I checked in Cubase, the VST Plug In Manager under the Studio menu, the Waves VST folder is properly referenced. The problem is when I go to the Inserts to use say a Waves Reverb, which does appear in the Inserts menu, when I click the Waves Reverb, nothing happens.

I have the same Cubase Elements 10 and the same Waves VST3 installed on a PC desktop and it works fine. Both the laptop and desktop use Cubase Elements version 10.0.60.

For installing Waves VST3 in my laptop, I have used Waves Central. Reinstalled a few times. All seems to be done right. Licenses are not an issue. With Waves, for reinstallations, if the same computer is used, no need to get a new license.

Don’t know what else to do. Would appreciate suggestions. I have posted this issue on the Steinberg / Cubase Forum as well.

Thank you in advance.

Loren

Hi all,

Just an update. Apparently something corrupted with my Windows 10 Home after reinstallation. The Waves tech were top notch and helped me fix the issue. All are working now.

I highly recommend all to give a call when they have issues.

Thanks Waves Tech!
Loren

3 Likes

Hi @lmorendain and Welcome to Waves Forum. :slight_smile:

I’m glad that you got up and running with your plugins after contacting our Tech Support department.

In case anyone else encounters this issue, try the next steps in order to repair the Redistributables on your computer:

1. Quit all apps

2. Open Control Panel and navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.

3. Scroll down and locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64), double-click it and click Repair.

4. Run the same process with:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64 ) / (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 - 2019 Redistributable (x64) / (x84)

1. If asked to restart close the message and continue the process.

2. Once done Restart your computer.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Thanks Gurik! That was the procedure that I used to solve my problem. Really appreciated the timely assistance from the Waves Tech team :blush:

1 Like