V11 Update Causes Cubase Pro Crash

Hi,

Yesterday I have installed update to my V11 plugins, and now I can’t start my Cubase Pro 10.5. MacOS Catalina user here.

Hi,

Note that Cubase 10.5 is fully supported with Waves v11 and should work just fine, so this should be a local issue.

I suggest trying to uninstall all product versions per the instructions in this link
Then, reinstall v11 per the steps here.

If this is not solving the issue please contact support.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi. Where did you install Waves v11? I tried this C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3, but it didn’t work- What is your advice?

Thank you

Hi @rauleramos :slight_smile: the plug-ins are installed by default to the Waves folder located at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves
This folder must be placed at the location mentioned above, otherwise the plug-ins will not work.

What we install in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 are files named Waveshell (VST3).
These files are communicating with the main Waves folder and must be there in order for the plug-ins to work in Cubase.

If you cannot find your plug-ins in Cubase, I suggest following this link

If this is not solving the issue please contact support .

Thank you for your reply. I though that path, C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves was intended for 32-bit plug-ins?

1 Like

@rauleramos hi :slight_smile: no, that path is used for the entire Waves folder (hosting folders such as
Plug-ins, Data, Applications, SoundGrid - [driver], Waveshells - [backup folder], and more).
Purely 64-bit nowadays, yet installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves