COSMOS taking time and CPU updating unchanged folders

Is it just me?
Cosmos seems to revisit folders that haven’t been touched, spending AGES and hogging CPU (that’s another issue on its own) supposedly updating them…
Anyone else?

2 Likes

dealing with this atm. did it settle down after a while?

Hi

Yes, thanks.

Harry

There is an issue where it does keep scanning folders, in some cases, its not even able to update them.

I have, however, been in contact with them about it recently, shared some data with them and its seems they “may” have been able to figure out why was going on. My guess was hidden files of some description, but I’ve yet to hear back if that was the case.

Regardless, I dare say there should be a fix for it soon… hopefully.

2 Likes

Hi @hazzyprid

Basically, the high CPU usage will take place only in the scanning part, In some scenarios, depending on your computer’s performance, scanning folders require extensive CPU and memory resources and might take longer than expected.

Did he scan a few locations which are under the same folder-tree structure?
Are your keeping your samples on an external HD? if so how the external drive is connected?

As well please note that in order for COSMOS to scan a sample, the following conditions must be met:

1. The sample is in one of the supported formats: WAV, AIF, OGG, or FLAC (MP3 is not supported at this time)
  2. The sample has to be 60 seconds or less
  3. The sample’s sample rate has to be 44.1kHz-96kHz.

With that said, for more specific troubleshooting steps, feel welcome to contact our Tech-Support team.

I hope this information will help.

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Hi there

This matter was so long ago.

Thanks for the advice though.

You can close the ticket.

Regards

Harry