Cosmos folder ordering

I’d like a way to drag and drop the order of my folders…maybe alphabetical, maybe my random choice, or maybe by the decreasing number of samples in that folder.

It would also be cool to “see” the number of samples in each folder as a number to the right of the name or in a separate “column to the right of the name…?

3 Likes

I agree, I’m wanting this too. So I made a suggestion a few weeks back through their official Support page. There’s no guarantee other than you can be sure that the right people see your request.

https://www.waves.com/contact-support

Hi Everyone. Waves seem slow to update this issue in Cosmos. An excellent filing and sample admin tool. It has seriously cleaned up my Sample management game. But the fact they missed the rearrangement issue before release is a little disappointing.

1 Like

Yes!!! This is a necessity

Not to mention, sidebar resizing.

I realise Cosmos was built to help us break out of our habits and help us discover sounds we may not have otherwise used. Many times you do want a specific sound and the folders themselves act like a filter.

For example, if we’re looking for an 808 bass sound it’s because we specifically need an 808 bass sound, or something like it. If we know we can find a few of them in our “Trap” folder than we’re going to want to select that folder, effectively filtering everything else out. Not having some kind of ordered list potentially makes the task of finding this folder harder and slows down the workflow.

Cosmos will come to its own if we can find the folder, then the sound we want quickly. From there we can elect to use Cosmos for what it was designed to do and use this sound as a basis for finding similar types of sounds, but may work better for our given needs.

We can still do this. But by not being able to organise our folders or even see entire folder names can really slow down the process.