CLA Epic - Tape delay click noise on startup

Has anyone else noticed a clicking noise that is generated by the tape delay when the plugin is initialized or when it is powered on? This is annoying when doing a bounce because the clicks are added to the beginning of the mix. I got around it by putting a noise gate after the Epic. To hear the problem, open the preset CLA > Guitars > Dancing Delay then use the power button to turn it off and then on again. If you mute the tape delay and power it on and off then there is no clicking noise. You will also hear it when you play from the beginning of the song.

I’m running Logic Pro 10.6.0 on a macOs Catalina 10.15.6

I haven’t used it much myself, so I can’t say. I have heard that this does tend to be a common enough problem amongst plugins. Hard to say whether it’s the plugin itself or the DAW in some cases.

Best bet is to report this to both Waves and Apple via their “feedback” link in Logic. At least then you’ll have your bases covered.

In the meantime another approach is to allow extra “pre-roll” time at the start of your production/mix and trim off the excess. Or you can automate the Master or offending track Bypass/Volume.

1 Like

Hi @karlw thanks for joining our forum and for reporting about this behavior :slight_smile:
Our team is looking into this query. It would be best to contact Waves tech support to get the official response and post it here afterward.

1 Like

Did you ever get waves support on this issue? I am having the same problem. Thanks.

Same here in pro tools, ive done more than 50 bounces of 10 seconds making inactive tracks until i found it was epic by send. cause i usually insert it. then i was trying to automate the volume of the fx aux track from minus infinite to zero in the intro, mute the tape in the intro.trying to bypass the plugin in the intro. I Finally had to mixdown printing the track recording the mixbuss in an streo track inside the sessiĂłn like the old style.

Pro Tools here. This has been driving me crazy tracking this down!

I had a small session where disabling plugins was easy and test bounce times were short. So today I found the culprit was CLA Epic and started searching and found this thread.

Saw there was an update from v12 to v13 so got right on that.

No change, still clicks at the top of my bounces.

Since there’s no solution posted, I’ll submit that support message.

2023… Logic Pro X and it’s still happening. how is there no fix for this?

Hi @unityofnoise,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

I suggest making sure you are on the latest V14 Waves versions as long as your setup supports it, in case you do not own V14 for the CLA Epic, for test purposes, you can just get a demo for it specifically and test it out on a new empty session, to see if those clicks still occur.

If they are still there, please Contact Technical Support directly to get a better diagnosis of what might be the culprit.

1 Like

If they were waiting for Apple to fix an issue at their end it could take quite some time.

Not saying they are, but I am saying that there are often underlying reasons why some fixes don’t happen in a timely fashion.