Cannot open cosmos app on MacBook Pro mid 2012 Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

Every time I try to open the app, it always says oops something went wrong please contact waves tech support. Even in my DAW (cubase pro 11 and studio one 5) it just does nothing but spin spin spin, no samples no nada!! Even when I try to close it, I have to force it to quit.

1 Like

Have you tried reinstalling it??

You also might need to delete the Waves folder in the User/Library/Application Support folder or the equivalent %AppData% folder on Windows. Failing that, there is always Support.

https://www.waves.com/contact-support

I went through all the rounds with Support on this and have the same issue. Went so far as to delete everything Waves from my system and a complete reinstall. COSMOS works great upon install, and then fails after any reboot. My only solution right now is to re-install it whenever I want to use it. It will always work… UNTIL reboot. :frowning:

I read somewhere, unofficially from a user, that deleting User/Library/Application Support/Waves Audio folder might help.

It might also have something to do with deep folder structures. Maybe that’s something else you can experiment with.

1 Like