ARA Support for Waves Tune

I really like Waves Tune but the GUI always keeps me from using it more. That would totally change with ARA support. The ability to have Waves Tune embedded in a DAW pretty much like Melodyne or Cubase’s VariAudio would be super cool.

6 Likes

Yeah I pretty much agree with you. ARA support would be an integral move in the right direction.

Concerning the interface, it would be great if they bought it in line with WavesTune RT’s aesthetics. Considering they just updated the Renaissance UI this may actually happen if enough of us ask!!

1 Like

I’m not so much concerned with GUI aesthetics. Ergonomy is the key factor here. Pitch editing in a small window where you spend half your time zooming in, zooming out, dragging to whatever direction you need is kind of of a nightmare. If Waves can spare some coding resources to redesign the GUI, cool, but I don’t consider that the main priority. DAW integration and fullscreen capability - that’s the thing!

Hi. I totally agree. I suggested this on the old forum, but didn’t get much traction.
All the best.

1 Like

Yes but that’s the thing, you can’t just add “resizing” to a UI that’s not equiped to do it. You have to design one to be resizable from the beginning.

So if you’re going to be doing that, you may as well create something more cojnistemt in terms of look and feel.

1 Like

Fair enough, that totally makes sense.

+1 for ARA and any kind of resizing we can get. Getting left in the dust by the competitors for usability when the actual tuning is top notch and deserves better.

The wait is finally over! V12 is out with resizable plugin GUI’s!

More info here!

1 Like

I like Waves Tune too. :slight_smile:
And I want to support ARA.
I feel that the GUI needs to be redesigned.
I want waves to do it.

1 Like

Once Waves Tune gets ARA support I’ll buy WUP for my older plugins

ARA is around roughly 10 years now and Waves is ignoring it big time

The main problem with Tune is the strange division using rewire as well as VST which most daws does not support.

More daws support ARA though, than Tune fully.

I suggested in email 5-6 years ago, and still not there.

But with new subscription for Waves I am not buying anything new anyway.

It is definitely a plugin that has been left behind. However, since Waves has done Vocal Bender, Ovox, WavesTune RT, and Harmony in recent years I say that its very likely they’ll have another look at doing a straight up vocal tuning plugin. It’s simply a matter of when.