Announcing SuperRack, Released!

SuperRack is here!

Designed from the ground up and optimized for speedy operation, SuperRack is a cutting-edge plugin rack that lets live sound and broadcast engineers run up to 128 audio channels through multiple instances of Waves’ plugins, with near-zero latency.

SuperRack offers endless customization options that make it easy for you to tailor the application to your very own mixing workflow.

SuperRack operates in a SoundGrid Audio-over-Ethernet network, processing audio on a dedicated SoundGrid DSP server.
This moves plugin processing from the host computer to an external DSP server, to significantly increase plugin count, minimize latency, and enable the host and I/O devices to be far apart from each other, accommodating the most complex setups.

SuperRack is a natural extension of your mixing console.
Designed for quick setup time, flexible touch-friendly workspace, and unlimited workflow customization, it enables FOH, monitor, broadcast, and AV engineers to run any show with confidence.

Does this mean Multirack is not gonna get support anymore and I’d have to get SupeRrack in order to work on Mac OS Catalina?

If so, will there be an option to upgrade from Multirack to SuperRack?

Hi @maw92!

MultiRack will remain functional on systems that support it and our Tech Support will assist with issues, but it will not be receiving updates hereon.

There will be a unique price offered to existing MultiRack owners via a newsletter that will be sent soon.

Enjoy!

SuperRack is awesome in my home studio setup!

I upgraded all my plugs to V11, and I use SuperRack now as a replacement to SoundGrid Studio. It is a great improvement over MultiRack SG.

The upgrade price was reasonable, and definitely worth it.

Maybe when SoundGrid Studio is upgraded to v11, I will go back to it.

For now, SuperRack is working perfectly fine in my studio setup, which includes: Cubase Pro 10.5, Windows 10, Extreme Server, IOX interfaces, X-WSG with M32C, Mercury+, and now SuperRack.

1 Like

Hi Guys - I’ve bought SuperRack and done the necessary firmware update to my IOC. Unfortunately this process seems to have stopped Multirack working, as it is not compatible with the new firmware! That’s not what the response above would suggest is the case. Can you clarify if the new firmware should still work with MultiRack please? I share my IOC between different computers running different software…

Hey there @dbentertainments, Welcome!
MultiTack users V9 infrastructure, SuperRack uses V11.

Please refer to this guide to switch the SG driver version back and forth.
For IOC FW, you should update the FW in each host as needed.

Thanks Yishi-Waves

Are there any plans for backward compatibility please? The concept of the IOC is a shared interface in the studio - so I’ve got multiple computers connected to it running Win7/Win10/MacOS 10.13/MacOS 10.14. The fact of having to reflash firmware/re-install different drivers seems to undermine this concept? Apparently the v11 driver is not compatible with anything older than Windows 10 64 bit…

I had it running fine on my MacBook 10.14.6.

I am running SuperRack on a Windows 10 machine, and then the v11 driver on my other machines.

Windows 7 systems are not supported. The system requirements for version 11 are Windows 10 64 bit, and for Mac Operating System 10.12.6 - 10.15.

If you go into Wave Central you can search in the all plugins field of ASIO and you can download the v11 driver for you mac.

V9 Multirack SG is not going to run. You need to replace that with SuperRack, and then the V11 driver on all your other computers that meet the minimum requirements.

SuperRack is Awesome! I cant say that enough.

I ran a little test today, and the results are superb:

• I set my DAW up with 128 i/o in SuperRack
  • I created 64 external effects in Cubase. 32 Stereo, and 32 mono.
  • There is zero added RT latency. The self test shows no added latency, and I proved it by playing keys through it.
  • I can use the ExFX racks as inserts in an audio track, or setup them up in FX/GRP tracks for send FX.
  • If I want to simulate the function of the ST Mixer that came with SG Studio, I just do it in super rack by setting up the inputs. But, since I am getting no added I/O latency with the External Effects configuration, I will just continue using it.
  • I am now running all V11 plugs, and will not ever need to go back to Soundgrid Studio, unless something cool is in a future release.
  • So far I am loving this setup and workflow.

I will admit, I was getting frustrated for the last year with Digigrid/SG setup. SuperRack has totally renewed my excitement for all the products. HeeYaw!

Thanks Waves Development team!!!

1 Like