I’ve purchased dozens of Wave audio plugins for Windows 10 over the years and while I’m pleased with my purchases, I’m tired of Waves Central messing up. For example, for reasons I, and apparently Waves tech support don’t understand I have several versions of Abbey Road Studio 3 installed, this despite my running the Version Organizer and various repair and cleanup features in Waves Central. Multiple versions of Abbey Road Studio 3 obliges me to figure out workarounds for products that attempt to load the first version of Abbey Road Studio 3 they find.
I contacted Waves tech support, and while they were responsive, below is their suggested fix. Annoying thing is that I’ve gone through this process before, and now I’m tired of it. Dear Waves: please fix Waves Central, or give users the option to install your products without it. Thank you.
I recommend a complete uninstalling and reinstall of Waves in order to clean up any unused installtions:
Please back up the following folders:
• C:-Program Files (x86)-Waves-Data-IR1Impulses
• C:-Program Files (x86)-Waves-Data-IR1Impulses V2
• C:-Program Files (x86)-Waves-Data-Acoustics.net Impulses (if exists)
• C:-Program Files (x86)-Waves-Data-Instrument Data
- Launch Waves Central.
- Go to the Settings page in the bottom left corner.
- Under Maintenance , look for Uninstall and click the drop-down menu.
- Checkmark all the available version entries and click uninstall .
- Press [Win key]+R , type %AppData% and hit Enter .
- In the Roaming folder that shows, drag the Waves Audio folder to your desktop.
- Press [Win key]+R , type %LocalAppData% and hit Enter . In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
- Press [Win key]+R , type %ProgramData% and hit Enter . In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
- Go to C:-Program Files-Waves Central - run the Uninstall Waves Central.exe file.
- Delete the Waves Central folder in C:-Program Files
- Delete any WaveShell files you find in the following locations (if exist):
o C:-Program Files-VSTPlugins
o C:-Program Files-Common Files-Avid-Audio-Plug-ins
o C:-Program Files-Common Files-VST3
o C:-Program Files (x86)-VSTPlugins
o C:-Program Files (x86)-Common Files-VST3
o C:-Program Files (x86)-Common Files-WPAPI
Once uninstalled, Install your plugins following the steps below: