When is WAVES Going To Fix Studiorack Crashing Cubase 10 Mac

It Has Been Almost 5 Months And WAVES Has NOT FIXED The Studio Rack Plugin CRASHING Cubase 10 on Mac i Have Called Around 5 Times and emailed 2 or 3 Times and i Get The Same Answer YOU DON’T KNOW 5 Months and you Don’t KNOW any Thing Very Very BAD Customer Service i Have Over $4000 In Your Hardware Digigrid iOS and Plugins That i Can NOT use and i Stopped BUYING Plugins Because i Can’t Use Them You Don’t Have any Thing about This on Your Website NO Youtube Video Not Even Saying ( HAY GUYS THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE WE ARE WORKING ON IT ) WTF. I NEED IT FIXED Like i Said BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

1 Like

Dear @lyric8,

Welcome to the Waves Forum!

I really understand your frustration here and I can assure you that our developers are working on this alongside Steinberg, but indeed, we do not yet have an ETA for StudioRack Support in Cubase 10 on Mac.

StudioRack is currently fully supported on the earlier versions of Cubase listed on the StudioRack supported hosts page.

If you install a previous version of Cubase that is qualified by Waves, let’s say 9.5 (which can co-exist with cubase 10), you will be able to work smoothly with your IOS and plugins in StudioRack for now.

I hope this is reassuring.

What The Hell Is Going On I CALLED Yesterday And Talked to a Technician Support Guy To Ask Him What Is The Progress Was FIXING THE STUDIO RACK PLUGIN And He WAS RUDE TO ME And Had a Attitude And Said ( I DON’T KNOW I DON’T KNOW ) AND THEN JUST CUT ME OFF WTF.( I WILL NEVER PAY FOR YOUR PRODUCTS AGAIN HARDWARE OR PLUGINS ) Was Trying To Support Your WAVES COMPANY BUT AFTER 6 Months Of WAVES NOT FIXING THE STUDIO RACK PLUGIN CRASHING CUBASE 10 MAC NO MORE And i Am Going To Call My SWEETWATER REPRESENTATIVE and Tell Him How Bad i Have Been Treated By WAVES

Hi @Lyric8,

While we do understand your frustration about this matter, our official statement remains the same:

"Our developers are working on this alongside Steinberg, but indeed, we do not yet have an ETA for StudioRack Support in Cubase 10 on Mac.

StudioRack is currently fully supported on the earlier versions of Cubase listed on the StudioRack supported hosts page ."

Now, I’d like to explain something:

• StudioRack was developed on and for earlier versions of Cubase and other DAWS.
  • Every DAW company updates their software from time to time to meet technological advances, market and business requirements and changes.
  • Most DAW company updates since the release of StudioRack have retained all compatibility features for StudioRack.
  • Unfortunately, when Steinberg updated to Cubase 10, something broke in the way it works with StudioRack.
  • Waves and Steinberg are working to fix this and resume compatibility for Cubase 10, we both want it to work for you and other users , but neither company can currently provide an estimate of when a fix will be released.
  • Our support team has offered you many times to assist and get StudioRack running without crashes on earlier versions of Cubase or other supported DAWs.

Repeatedly contacting us on different channels and platforms will not change this.

We do apologize if you had a bad experience with our support, but you are demanding an answer they cannot give. They truly, as stated many times before, do not know.

I can assure you that I will personally contact you as soon as I have news about a fix on Steinberg’s or our side that will fix this.

Thank you,

Yishai
Waves Forum Administrator

3 Likes

Whats Going On 1 More Month Is About To Pass And Still No Fix / Results With Studio Rack CRASHING CUBASE 10 MAC Bad Bad Bad Customer Support Next The Next NAMM Show i Go To i Am Going To Tell Every One My Experience / How i Was Treated By WAVES Its Ridiculous

It’s been another month. Any updates on when a fix for this issue is coming?

Hi @agentcooper, welcome to our forum!

No, we do have any updates or ETA at this time.

Yishai
Waves Forum Administrator

We invested heavily in Waves software AND hardware and yet it has been SEVEN MONTHS since Cubase 10 was released and still no fix for this critical crash that renders Waves SoundGrid StudioRack completely useless. Not unacceptable.

2 Likes

Are or are you Not going to fix the studio rack Plugin crashing Cubase 10 mac if you are not or Can’t Fix it Can You Say So. So i Can Get My Money Back and Buy a UAD Apollo something that works can you please let me know it is Going on 10 or 11 month Now i have given Waves a lot of money it is only rite to let your customers know what is going on

Hey guys I understand your frustration. Stuff like this would really irk me too. Especially after 6 or so months. I don’t work for Waves, so I’m allowed to be irked. It would have been so easy for me to get triggered.

I’m not going to tell you guys to “cool your jets” or anything or “don’t shoot the messenger” or any lame-■■■ unhelpful things like that. I will though offer an insight and you can either take it or leave it.

It comes in the form or a profound quote…

“ If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever”

As it would seem stressing over a situation that has either a solution or no solution would have no point to it. We have nothing to gain but high blood pressure. I just remember this every time I get the urge to kill someone and it tends to ground me a bit.

I think it’s worthwhile expressing your concerns, but keep it in perspective that there are conditions outside our control. Conditions that is outside Waves’ control since it has to rely on Steinberg.

The fact they are working on it and it’s in the pipeline is actually promising. It’s a blessing in disguise. It means that Waves isn’t going to kill compatibility for Cubase. That’s a good thing.

Almost one year to Fix 1 Plugin whats Joke and it still is not Fixed :rage:

I know it’s pretty bad. The thing is it doesn’t exist in isolation, as it has to support the SoundGrid infrastructure. Many people rely on it live, where there are no safety nets. The bugs really have to be fully ironed out.

That is only further complicated by the use of new SoundGrid products, new operating systems, DAW updates, including Cubase, changes in Drivers, changes in system security and antivirus software. It is really quite a detailed thing to be navigating and it’s only slowed down if Waves is waiting for Steinberg to respond to their queries.

Yeah a year is a long time, but at least it’s the pipeline and not getting abandoned altogether. That accounts for a lot.

1 Like

I’ll renew my Waves upgrade plan when this is fixed…

Maybe…

What are the chances SoundGrid Studio and SoundGrid Driver will be 64bit by the time Catalina comes out, or even within a year of release? Or ever?

Well, I guess this answers that question:

"Operating System
10.9.5 – 10.14.5

• SoundGrid Studio V9 will not be supported under Mac OS X 10.15"

https://www.waves.com/soundgrid-studio-application#tab-support

Is there any new information about updating Studiorack regarding the compatibility of Cubase 10?

Best regards

We continue to develop the SoundGrid platform, and are working hard to enhance the future compatibility of Waves applications such as StudioRack and SoundGrid Studio.

Thanks very much for that fast reply. Are there any known settings or other things to improve the stability of that plugin til release of the update of studiorack?
Cubase 10 was released over a year ago, is an absolute standard DAW and the Waves hardware is - simply said - not usable. This is ultimately very unsatisfactory for customers. This does not change anything if the plugin’s website shows compatibility only with cubase 9.5. Cubase 9 (lease 12/2016) is outdated.

with kind regards

Hi @DominikJAy.
We are aware of this being unsatisfactory and are working, as said, to make this available.
Yes, StudioRack is still only compatible up to Cubase 9.5, and works perfectly there.
One of the nice things about cubase is that you can have a 9.5 and 10 installed side by side.

There are technical challenges qualifying SR for Cubase 10 and we are working hard to have a new version that works there.

1 Like

WAVES Were is The FIX For Studio Rack Crashing Cubase 10 on Mac it’s Been Over a Year Now I Have a Lot Of Money Invested in Waves Hardware And Plugins What is Going On ???

Hi @lyric8,

We are pleased to let you know that new versions of SoundGrid Studio and StudioRack are in development, with several updates expected this year.
Waves are working to ensure that the new versions are compatible with Waves V11 plugins and have new exciting features.

The first release in this series of updates is scheduled for Q2 2020.